How to connect my samsung galaxy S III mobile to pc using internet

Dominic1942

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
I have a USB connected from my Galaxy to my PC ...nothing pops up? can't find anything under "computer" or pictures. I have a file ready if and when I can download the ANDRIOD phone pictures. Help?

Turn on your android device and there should be a button labeled something like "Connect storage to PC". Once you've activated that button, it should act much like a usb memory stick (your windows settings will determine whether it opens automatically at that point), but until you tell the device to connect, the computer won't notice it.

Dominic1942

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013

Turns out the answer using a Galaxy/Android is not really simple. An app called "Kies air" is to be used with a UBS connection. So being a new "smart phone" user, being in Mexico and using a new PC really messed me up. Looks like the simplest answer is to purchase a mini card and open up the phone for picture transfers. Appreciate the replies.

It's simple for me. I've got a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0, and it gives me a "Connect storage to PC" button, and once I use that, it shows up on my computer as "Removable Disk ( G: )". I guess either I had an app preinstalled to take care of that, or there's more difference than I expected between a Galaxy phone and a Galaxy Player. Sorry my advice wasn't helpful for you.

Alokkb

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013

Alokkb

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013

eat12587

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
I had the same problem.....I had to go to samsung.com/kies and download the Kies....then you can do it but it's a pain in the you know what....wish I had never bought the phone. My phone is full and nothing will download without it being emptied. It is so hard to empty it....stick with I-phone next time...they are not near as hard to do.