Sign in with
Your question

Configuring my BIOS

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 1, 2012 10:15:28 PM

Long story short:Few days ago i got this PC :AMD Athlon II X3 460 3.4 GHZ,Sapphire HD 6670,4 GB DDR3 1333 MHz,500 GB HDD,MSI 760GM-P23 FX. It had no OS so i booted Windows 7 64 bit.I noticed that this PC is rly loud( i used a pc with amd processor tho and it didnt make any noise).I enabled amd cool'n'queit because a friend told me so but it didnt make any difference.Because bios wasnt changed at all(idk how they are set up because i just booted windows 7 and did nothing else).Can you pls tell me how should i set up bios to possibly reduce this noise(or do something else,my cpu and gpu temperatures are normal but my cause is kind of hot) and how should i set them in general.

More about : configuring bios

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 1, 2012 10:49:06 PM

the noise may not be anything you can control with a BIOS setting; if a fan is noisy at low idle then its a noisy fan.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 1, 2012 10:52:10 PM

Anonymous said:
the noise may not be anything you can control with a BIOS setting; if a fan is noisy at low idle then its a noisy fan.

I hope that noise can be controlled by BIOS but its not the main "goal" of this thread.My main goal is to setup BIOS properly.
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 1, 2012 10:56:21 PM

RTfM.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 1, 2012 10:58:17 PM

Anonymous said:
RTfM.

Maybe i didnt get a manual?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 1, 2012 11:07:08 PM

good. not trying to be a wise guy, it is best for you to get an understanding what you are doing by reading that then to blindly accept someone's instructions.
!