Sign in with
Your question
Closed

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 dr debug 55

Last response: in Motherboards
August 1, 2012 10:35:38 PM

I got a new motherboard and processor today: Intel 3570K and the ASRock Z77 extreme4. After setting it all up, the debug on the board displays error #55. Which says "Memory not installed." When take out the ram slots it says error #53 which is "No physical ram detected." I've tried swapping the ram out, and I've learned the ram works. I read that it could be the motherboard or proccesor. I'm curious about which it is so I don't have to send 2 things back for RMA. If you have an answer, that'd be grearly appreciated! Thanks for your time!

Best solution

August 9, 2012 10:01:07 PM

araesk said:
I got a new motherboard and processor today: Intel 3570K and the ASRock Z77 extreme4. After setting it all up, the debug on the board displays error #55. Which says "Memory not installed." When take out the ram slots it says error #53 which is "No physical ram detected." I've tried swapping the ram out, and I've learned the ram works. I read that it could be the motherboard or proccesor. I'm curious about which it is so I don't have to send 2 things back for RMA. If you have an answer, that'd be grearly appreciated! Thanks for your time!

You need to update the BIOS to 2.1+ The BIOS it comes with does not support Ivy Bridge. To update you can either call ASRock and they can send you a new chipset with the updated BIOS or you can use a Sandy Bridge CPU to update the BIOS then once it's updated switch back to your new Ivy Bridge.

I'm in the same boat, currently waiting on a cheap Celeron Sandy Bridge to come in.
August 14, 2012 7:04:24 AM

Asrock sent me a new BIOS, but I still cannot get it to boot. I cleared the CMOS and everything.
Related resources
August 14, 2012 8:23:09 AM

Cavitt said:
You need to update the BIOS to 2.1+ The BIOS it comes with does not support Ivy Bridge. To update you can either call ASRock and they can send you a new chipset with the updated BIOS or you can use a Sandy Bridge CPU to update the BIOS then once it's updated switch back to your new Ivy Bridge.

I'm in the same boat, currently waiting on a cheap Celeron Sandy Bridge to come in.

It should be compatible from v1.20+ according to their website, at least for the 3570k.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/cpu.asp?Model=Z77%20Extreme4
August 15, 2012 12:11:30 AM

xvortexx, That's what it said in the manual for my board as well, but I still haven't resolved my problem. My memory and PSU test clean. The only thing it can be is my CPU or my board, and I can't see any bent pins on either.
August 17, 2012 9:01:48 PM

Best answer selected by araesk.
August 17, 2012 9:05:35 PM

After I swapped my 2500K into it, and then put the 3570K in it worked. Whether or not it was me not mounting the processor correctly the first time or my sandy bridge somehow changing some settings in the BIOS I'm not certain; but atleast I got it up and running. Thanks for the replies and wish the best of luck to your issues!
a c 328 V Motherboard
August 18, 2012 12:09:36 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
!