Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card for Gaming, photoshop (300-600dpi prints) Premiere Pro CS5.5 Video

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Photoshop
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 1, 2011 2:42:25 AM

I know Nvidia gpu's for PS. AMD or Nvidia. I have done alot of research and can't make up my mind!!! I have 220 dollars to spend on a video card, also it has to be from microcenter as they are down the road from me. I dont want to buy over the net and wait. I want the best all around card for performance. i have been leaning toward AMD, it seems like their clock speeds are higher than the Nividia cards 800 to 900 mHz whereas Nvidia is 650 to 800 mHz... I'm just confused is all. Time to call in the professionals!

More about : graphics card gaming photoshop 300 600dpi prints premiere pro cs5 video

a c 169 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 1, 2011 7:32:49 AM

You can't just judge the cards by their clock speeds.There are lots of other and more important features
Anyway,CS5 benefits more from a fast CPU and a decent amount of RAM.GPU wise you'll be fine even with cards like GTS 450/HD 5750
m
l
June 1, 2011 11:23:01 AM

Maziar said:
You can't just judge the cards by their clock speeds.There are lots of other and more important features
Anyway,CS5 benefits more from a fast CPU and a decent amount of RAM.GPU wise you'll be fine even with cards like GTS 450/HD 5750

Thanks Maziar!

I have 6 gigs RAM OCZ and a i5 760 OC'd to 3.6 and a gigabyte board. I am looking at the HD 5750. I can't wait! But if the speed isn't much of a concern, what should I be looking for in a graphics card for what I will be using it for?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 1, 2011 11:43:13 AM

At $200 about the best you could get on either side would probably be a gtx 560 (not ti), nvidia just released their cheaper versions of that but they are still good for the price range which are around $180 I think. On the AMD side my guess would be the radeon 6870. Its tech isnt the newest but It performs nearly at the level of a $270 6950.
With what you need though both of those might be overkill, although you said your gaming so might as well go as high as you can. What types of games are you playing? Any that require high graphics?
m
l
June 1, 2011 12:02:02 PM

Thx Bdizzle11! I will be playing Crysis 2 and Shogun 2 total war.

I want though Premiere Pro to be able to render HD fast. I'm not talking paramount picture studio fast but consumer fast you know?
m
l
a c 169 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 1, 2011 4:09:32 PM

You didn't mention gaming at first :) 
Anyway,as bdizzle11 said,go with GTX 560Ti.It's a great card
m
l
!