darktemplaro

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Hi guys, i have a pretty stupid question. I just built my pc and turned it on to make sure everything is running and it seems fine. I just forgot to connect the rear fan from the case to the mobo. Im using the Mugen Sycthe 2 heatsink and a 6970 xfx gpu. I cant get my hand in to connect it w/o touching the foily stuff on the video card. So i tried to take the video card out, but it wouldnt come out. I took the screws off and tugged on it, but i didnt want to break it. Im using the MSI-p67a-gd65 and the xfx 6970. There seems to be a piece of plastic coming out of the pci2.0e slot but i dont know wheter to pull it in or out or even at all. please halp! lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130574

Solution
What you're referring to is a small tab on the motherboard. You need to push the tab in order to release the card from the PCI-E slot. Typically you'll push the tab in a direction that's parallel with the motherboard (e.g., you're not pushing it down, but pushing it outwards/inwards).

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
What you're referring to is a small tab on the motherboard. You need to push the tab in order to release the card from the PCI-E slot. Typically you'll push the tab in a direction that's parallel with the motherboard (e.g., you're not pushing it down, but pushing it outwards/inwards).

Solution