Can this PSU handle my GTX 560?

Status
Not open for further replies.

revaerluos

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
AMD 2 PHENOM X4 965 BLACK EDITION (3.4ghz)
4gb ram (WILL ADD ANOTHER 4GB SOMETIME LATER)
1 tb hard disk
gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2p
1 dvd writer

i bought a MSI NVIDIA GTX 560 (non Ti)

i am changing my psu to a 800W
according to my GPU
---the min req is 500W
---for 12v the minimum requirement is 30A

here is the link the PSU i'm eyeing

ITS ZEB-800
http://www.zebronics.net/m800w_platinum_powersupply.asp

THE GTX 560 HAS TWO POWER CONNECTORS

218089-1.jpg

THE PSU HAS ONLY TWO 12V RAILS
1-----------------CAN I STILL CONNECT IT?

the gpu's minimum for the 12v is 30A
but the psu site says 20A PER
2----------------20 amp on one 12V rail enough to supply recommended 30amp gtx560?
3----------------will it pose a problem?

Solution
1) A 6pin or a 6+2 pin (8 pin) connector is used for graphics card. They provide additional power for the GPU's due to the fact that the PCI-e slots have a limited number of power it can supply itself.

You do not go by the amperage per 12v rail. You go by the combined average by looking at it's 12v limit. To find the amperage of the unit, you find it's max continous output and say its 680w on the 12v rail. You divide 680w by 12 to find the 12v amps which in this case would be something like 56 or 57 amps.

Usually the GPU requirements are extremely over the minimum power requirements to make sure you don't buy a crappy psu (which this is) at that limit and have your computer blow up and you sueing the company.

Hardware wise, let me...

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
A supposedly 800w unit without 80+ certification and THIS "PCI Express Connector (6 & 6+2Pin) x2" should be sounding huge alarms. Not to mention the company doesn't even mention what the continuous or combined load for the 12v rail means is an indication of a shoddy unit.

Any good unit from a good manufacturer or company such as Seasonic / Corsair/ XFX/ Antec that is rated at 750w+ would have a 12v rail combined producing at least 55 amps , 80+ bronze , 4x pci-e 6 pin (or 6+2pins), and with a manufacturer saying ALL of it on their website.

I would not trust this PSU at all.

Get a Seasonic / XFX/ Corsair / Antec.
Trust me. Everyone recommends them for a reason.

revaerluos

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011

what about the 12v min requirement?
20 amp on one 12V rail enough to supply recommended 30amp gtx560?
does that work???

revaerluos

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011

THIS "PCI Express Connector (6 & 6+2Pin) x2" should be sounding huge alarms.

i'm a hardware noob......what did you mean by this sentence??

let's just focus on the specs given for the moment,
20 amp on one 12V rail enough to supply recommended 30amp gtx560?
is the 30A requirement for the gpu or for the whole system?

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
1) A 6pin or a 6+2 pin (8 pin) connector is used for graphics card. They provide additional power for the GPU's due to the fact that the PCI-e slots have a limited number of power it can supply itself.

You do not go by the amperage per 12v rail. You go by the combined average by looking at it's 12v limit. To find the amperage of the unit, you find it's max continous output and say its 680w on the 12v rail. You divide 680w by 12 to find the 12v amps which in this case would be something like 56 or 57 amps.

Usually the GPU requirements are extremely over the minimum power requirements to make sure you don't buy a crappy psu (which this is) at that limit and have your computer blow up and you sueing the company.

Hardware wise, let me point you to this very informative website. Here are two reviews on a disgustingly bad power supply that is cheap and crappy then a review on a beyond awesome / high performing / high efficiency / high quality psu.

Seasonic X 650 80+Gold (one of the best)
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=169

Crappy Apevia unit
http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=92

Solution

revaerluos

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011

so even though this is crappy.....can i get this to work for my config?

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
Simple answer, yes.

For how long? a month, two months, 3? Certainly won't last you for more than a year or most.

Do i recommend you buy it? No.

If you show us from where you plan to buy that crappy psu and a budget then we could surely find you something more suitable and higher quality.

revaerluos

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011

For how long? a month, two months, 3? Certainly won't last you for more than a year or most.

why do you say this?
i.e.
is it because of the manufacturer not being clear or possible bad quality?
or is it because of it's said specs

lets just say there's another psu (corsair or xfx or something).....and all the values are exact as the one i mentioned
will you recommend that?

Status
Not open for further replies.