No hard disk found, ocz SSD

chiragp

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
just built a new comp, evga z77 ftw mobo, asus dvdrw, ocz 120gb vertex SSD. the motherboard has 2 native intel SATA III ports and 2 Marvell ports. neither the dvd drive or the ssd are recognized on startup if connected to the intel ports, but theyre both recognized when connected to the marvell ones. but in both cases, i still get the message "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"
i put in windows xp and still nothing. ive changed the boot priorities from first the hard drive then the dvd, and vice versa, ive changed the SSD from IDE to ACPI to RAID to no avail. Any ideas on what to do? This is my first build and im pretty new to using BIOS. and for the record, the BIOS itself recognizes the SSD and the dvdrw, but upon startup it says the marvel adapter 1 xxSE61 never recognizes anything, and the marvel adapter xxse91 recognizes both of them when connected to the SATA ports 6-7 (the marvell ports) please help D:

chiragp

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012
how would i go about doing that? i dont know how to check for that. i managed to get rid of the no hard disk found message. but i keep getting "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"
Its relentless and pretty frustrating.

I'm afraid I cannot find a user manual through EVGA although I did find this support manual
http://www.evga.com/support/manuals/files/151-IB-E699.pdf
but that won't help here.
I can only suggest you spend some time in your user manual- in the bios settings section (the confusing part) to find where and how for those settings. Also I'm going to suggest using the bottom intel SATA III spot for your motherboard to the SSD (unless your manual suggests differently - it may)