Closed Solved

Ram compatable with Asus PX79WS

Question about matching ram with a motherboard.. How or what is the ID to see if they will match?

8 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR3 2400(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz ECC, Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Quad Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.

This part here is what I could not find....
* Refer to www.asus.com or user manual for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).

I want to make sure it will Jibe with the board. For instance I was thinking of this brand:

RAM G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (8 4GB) 1866 VG-249

Thanks for your help in advance
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about compatable asus px79ws
  1. A great source can be sites like crucial.com

They not only show you their product that will fit but explain what the specs are

Matthew
  2. Thanks guys... But I was looking at G.Skill, not Corsair. I wanted to know if there was a branding or marking that shows compatibility.

@looniam I was over at the asus website but I got the same page you linked here. Nothing about manufactures of Ram that Jibe with the MOBO....Did I miss it?
  3. Best answer
    netcommercial said:
    Thanks guys... But I was looking at G.Skill, not Corsair. I wanted to know if there was a branding or marking that shows compatibility.

@looniam I was over at the asus website but I got the same page you linked here. Nothing about manufactures of Ram that Jibe with the MOBO....Did I miss it?

P9X79 WS memory QVL 2012.06.20 <-- download the .pdf
  4. Best answer selected by netcommercial.
  5. Anonymous said:
    P9X79 WS memory QVL 2012.06.20 <-- download the .pdf

Too funny Thanks that is what I was looking for, Although I was looking right at it prior. "Duh Oh!" (in my best Homer Simpson impression)
  6. glad to help. most likely any quad channel kit will work for you.

glance through this thread:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/317532-30-3930k-samsung
  7. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM