Sign in with
Your question

Trouble shooting server 2008

Last response: in Networking
October 1, 2010 5:46:06 AM

i experience a problem with a server using server 2008 operating system. every time i knock off from work i leave it running. but in the morning when i come back for work. find it running but connectivity. what could be causing this problem. because when i restart it the operation become normal. the other question is what could be the problem with the DNS SERVER everytime i restart the server it goes off but the setting are on automatic
October 1, 2010 7:07:28 AM

smidi said:
i experience a problem with a server using server 2008 operating system. every time i knock off from work i leave it running. but in the morning when i come back for work. find it running but connectivity. what could be causing this problem. because when i restart it the operation become normal. the other question is what could be the problem with the DNS SERVER everytime i restart the server it goes off but the setting are on automatic

[#0005ff]Find the ethernet adapter in Device Manager then under the Power Management tab, untick "Allow the computer to turn this device off to save power", click Apply and OK your way out. Also, check Power Options to make sure no Standby options are set. I believe a server, by definition, should never go offline. If all else fails, bin S2008 and use Suse 10.3 :D [/#000ff]
!