Sign in with
Your question

Fast Laptop i5 or i7

Last response: in CPUs
November 3, 2011 9:23:49 AM

Hello,

I am looking for a laptop which will be able to handle my use.

Right now I have around 15 tabs open in firefox and 6 programs open. I am using over 2gig of ram.

I want something which wont lag when i have all those stuff open :D 

Which brand you guys can recommend or any model. Please dont say HP because I am tired or getting them repaired for gpu failure.

Thanks

More about : fast laptop

a b à CPUs
November 3, 2011 9:36:12 AM

6 programs? Which programs?

If they are like MS-Word and all! 4GB of RAM with an i3 should do fine as well.
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 3, 2011 9:40:16 AM

hell_storm2004 said:
6 programs? Which programs?

If they are like MS-Word and all! 4GB of RAM with an i3 should do fine as well.

+1.
m
l
Related resources
November 3, 2011 9:50:54 AM

They are software's photoshop and other. I am a internet marketer so that's why i have so many stuff opened all the time. Any model you guys can recommend ?
m
l
a b à CPUs
November 3, 2011 9:56:14 AM

For Photoshop and other heavy duty applications then i7 would be better choice. But the i5 is no mug either. Just get loads of RAM. 8GB with i5 or 8GB with i7! Normally i7 laptops are expensive. If it fits your budget, then why not. But you would need a good GPU to go along with it!

Also dont even count FF with 15 tabs.... that does not even break a sweat for these modern day CPU's! I have 3 FF windows open with 10-15 tabs in each and i am only on E5200 with 4GB RAM in my office! :) 
m
l
a c 473 à CPUs
a c 438 D Laptop
November 3, 2011 1:09:19 PM

If you are looking for a quad core CPU, then just be aware that not all mobile Core i7 CPUs are quad core. Only the ones with the designation QM or XM are quad cores. The others are dual cores.
m
l
November 3, 2011 3:59:19 PM

Thank you for your replies guy. I think i will go with one of the sony models. Also i cannot get more then 3gb because most of the application I use are built for 32bit :( 
m
l
!