Z77 Extreme6 boot failure?

Dsolash

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
The board posts a2, then restarts. I am able to get in to bios if I'm quick enough. Im booting off a crucial m4 ssd with windows already installed. The mobo detects the ssd fine. Before installing windows everything was running smoothly and I installed windows. First log in after you create username is successful. Once I restart is when these problems start... I have fiddled with the bios as code a2 means IDE detect. I have done the following things:
1)Everything is currently set to AHCI and I changed the drive options from hard disk to ssd, and vice versa.
2) The latest firmware is also being used on the ssd so that's not the problem.
3) I've also reformatted and tried windows again but the same thing happens.
4)When I change the SATA mode from ACHI to IDE the board just posts A3 instead, then restarts.
5)Ive cleared the CMOS both with the battery and the button.
6) Researched a ton and apparantly putting it in sata3-0 (the first sata conection) should solve this, but it dosen't.
7) Also heard about graphics drivers, with the mobo only working when using intergrated untill you get the GPU drivers... didnt work. I removed the grphics card and everything.
9) Tried many different SATA ports
10) Furiously punched the wall
Im running a 3570k with 8gb patriot ddr3..., even though its not even in now my GPU is a sapphire 7970
If it helps atall, I pass the bios boot screen and get to the well known black screen with the blinking white underscore before the reboot, board stays at post a2 during the restart
Thanks in advance!!

Dsolash

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
I just made a windows recovery cd bc when i tried my windows 7 boot cd I got the same error as the other guy. I'm in the cmd prompt and I ran what you told him to run, i tried sfc /scannow but whenever i try that it always says theres a system startup repair pending

Dsolash

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
yes, its option number 1, and its the only drive plugged in, as I did that to prevent it to try to boot from anything else, same thing, what i dont have though is the uefi option to bood from which seemed to work for the other guy