Sign in with
Your question

My new High End Gaming Build [Need feedback]

Last response: in Systems
August 5, 2011 10:05:03 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm going to buy a new high end computer for gaming very soon and I'm wondering if you guys could give me some feedback, it will be much appreciated. The reason why I choose for this motherboard is because I saw it was able to support my memory (1600 mhz) and it also had some kind of SSD functions which I already forgot to be total honest with you. I was thinking a while between the P67 and Z68 but I've noticed that there were a lot of issues with the P67 and I was like I pretty much have the best CPU and Videocard for that price already. With the RAM I was thinking a lot about the latency vs speed. First I had 8 gigs of 2100+ mhz with 9 latency but I thought 12 gig ram would be better. Also lower latency seemed more important then actual speed. The case seems pretty awesome, I like the look of it. I had a Lian Li case before which was bit cheaper but I was willing to spend the 40 more bucks. The SSD is extremely good when I was reading the benchmarks. If you know anything better (gaming wise) for around the same price please let me know. I'm willing to switch around with the motherboard, ram etc if you think I'm able to get a higher FPS. So if you think that higher speed on my ram or another motherboard is better please let me know :) 

This is the setup:

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (rev. 1.0)
Mushkin Redline 3x4 GB 1600 MHZ, CL7 ( 7-9-8-24 )
Corsair Obsidian Series 650D
OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120 GB SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX650W
Samsung SH-222AB x 2
Palit GeForce GTX 580
Samsung SpinPoint F3 Desktop Class HD103SJ
Scythe Mugen 2 rev.B SCMG-2100
Intel Core i7 2600K / 3.4 GHz

Grts
qwerty
August 5, 2011 10:08:06 PM

Also do you guys think the 650W PSU will run this beast?
August 5, 2011 10:15:58 PM

what is your total budget?
Related resources
August 5, 2011 11:59:45 PM

I'm from Europe so the prices are a bit different here but I'm thinking around 1600 euro 2250 dollar :)  I've spend hours doing research and this is what I ended up with :)  I could also take 2 AMD video cards but most games I play prefer Nvidia cards hehe and most of them don't support CF/SLI either.
August 6, 2011 12:57:24 AM

Instead of Scythe Mugen get something well known such as Cooler Master V6GT, Noctua ND-H14 or you might go water such as Corsair H70 in case you will overclock your CPU, 750 would be good idea in case of overclocking or hooking up more fans
August 6, 2011 1:59:14 AM

And how about the hardware, what do you think about that for gaming?
August 6, 2011 3:22:28 AM

qwertyrules said:
And how about the hardware, what do you think about that for gaming?

everything else is great, would handle any game out there effectively, GTX 580 is a masterpiece, you don't need more than 8 Gb of RAM
August 9, 2011 6:55:42 PM

ilysaml said:
everything else is great, would handle any game out there effectively, GTX 580 is a masterpiece, you don't need more than 8 Gb of RAM

Oke thank you sir!

I also have another question.

I choose for 12 gig of ram but a friend told me it's better to take 2x4=8 gig ram because of dual channel. Is it correct that 2x4 runs better then 3x4 while playing games?

Greetings

P.S

I also picked up a ASUS P8Z68-V Pro instead of the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (rev. 1.0)
And changed the Corsair Professional Series HX650W for a Corsair Professional Series Gold AX650

I hope it's worth the money :) 
August 9, 2011 7:35:39 PM

Anyone else is also free to give advise by the way ;) 
August 9, 2011 9:08:23 PM

qwertyrules said:
Oke thank you sir!

I also have another question.

I choose for 12 gig of ram but a friend told me it's better to take 2x4=8 gig ram because of dual channel. Is it correct that 2x4 runs better then 3x4 while playing games?

Greetings

P.S

I also picked up a ASUS P8Z68-V Pro instead of the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 (rev. 1.0)
And changed the Corsair Professional Series HX650W for a Corsair Professional Series Gold AX650

I hope it's worth the money :) 

you don't need that much RAM, 4 GB is fine and you're good to go with the rest of specs :) 
!