Moving into Intel

Blorp Kola

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Hey guys,
I currently use my PC for gaming and internet browsing. I am looking to change my CPU from AMD to Intel and I need advice about what to go for. My current CPU is a Phenom II x6 1055t overclocked to 3.5 Ghz and my graphics card is a powercolour 6850. I would like to get a quad core Intel setup for no more than £280. I would like to overclock the system and currently have an XSPC Rasa 750 rs240 to keep my CPU cool. I do not know a lot about Intel and am a little stuck between the 2500k, which I have heard is the greatest gaming CPU of all time, and the 3570k, which I understand gets a little hotter when overclocked. Seeing as they cost pretty much the same price which would be best for mainly gaming, overclocking, and web browsing. I need a motherboard to go with the CPU and the range of Intel motherboards seems endless. What should I look for. I will buy from any decent website available in the UK. The CPU's are both around £170 so I should have £110 to spend on a motherboard. Just a quick recap of what I want:
-Gaming so 2 PCI-E slots
-Good overclocker
-Around £110

Thanks in advance for any help
BK

The Intel® Core™ i5-2500K and Intel Core i5-3570K even overclock end up be just two close together in performance. About the only thing that makes a difference between them is PCI-E 3.0, IGP and price. So check the prices at a place like Amazon.uk see where they stand.

As far as a board ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is great but if you have a hard time finding it look at the Intel Desktop DZ77SL-50K which should allow you to get the about the same overclocking performance from it as you do on the Extreme4. Also you can use both the 2nd and 3rd generation Intel Core processors on them.

Blorp Kola

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Thanks for the advice, I shall look at the reviews for these boards and make a decision. I will probably go 3570k due to newer tech.