6850 Tri-fire/quad-fire

Just thought I'd post this since I haven't seen any reviews ANYWHERE.And to me,a owner of a 6870,this is the breakthrough i've been looking for.Basicly PowerColor has laid the cement for the first 68xx series card to support tri-fire or quad-fire and it is a single slot card.I've heard of some ideas back when the 68xx series first came about why they didn't have tri-fire/quad-fire support,and why they only did to do a dual crossfire setup only because of their performance in crossfire you could spend a mear $375 to get above the power of a 6970(and of course for marketing AMD doesn't want that).

So here's the proof if you didn't already know.I can only hope that some company does the same for the 6870's.

PowerColor 6850 $230

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814131433&cm_re=6850-_-14-131-433-_-Product

Here's the trurth for those 6850's fans.

Hmm... that could prove interesting. Seems to me anyway that usually the 3 or 4 gpu setups have worse scaling at that point because it's always such high end cards they get bandwidth limited. Would be interesting to see how 3x/4x 6850s do.

Yes indeed.But because of the 68xx series crossfire scaling is what brings me to brings such intrest in this.

If Crossfire 6850 brings such good reps what do you think of tri-fire/quad-fire besides CPU limitations.

I just find it so wierd that the first model of a tri-fire/quad-fire of a 68xx series would be a single slot.Thats just wierd to me.

only problem is when a game doesnt scale well with crossfire, or does not support crossfire at all, you will be limited to one card. i believe quad gfx cards still have major scaling issues. If you already have a 6870, stick to one more 6870, after that when you need more power, wait for the 7xxx series.