Need to recover from bad flash

digityzed

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
It looks like I flashed the BIOS of an ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution motherboard with the wrong ROM - the board says ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution with "Rev. 1.02" underneath it and upon closer examination the revision number of the product support page I downloaded from says "Rev. B3" (I actually can't even find anything anywhere for Rev. 1.02).

After flashing with the built-in Asus EZ Utility it said it flashed successfully, restarted and nothing came on screen. The monitor is not getting a video signal. I restarted several times, still nothing. Its not the monitor because it works with another computer.

How do I recover from this bad flash?

Solution
I have seen quite a few of the asus P8P67 get corrupted, but its mainly been because of beta flash rom updates, hope they sort it out for you.

hairystuff

Distinguished
reset the cmos using the jumpers then power cycle and press the mem ok button on the board (with the system plugged in but turned off), if it suggests recovery after that then insert your motherboard utility disc and follow instructions, if that fails then RMA the board.

digityzed

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
tried to clear cmos though I may have performed it wrong (only found instructions for the P8P67 PRO version of the mobo). no luck

called Asus and got it RMA'd. the tech declared it a corrupt ROM (turns out I flashed the version afterall). he didn't bother troubleshooting, which leads me to believe this is a known issue

thanks everyone!

digityzed

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006

correction: "turns out I flashed the correct version afterall"