Sign in with
Your question

My first pc build up . help me out guys

Last response: in Systems
August 6, 2011 7:19:35 AM

Approximate Purchase Date: Probably around january 2012

Budget Range: Hopefully 75000 INR OR 1650.680297 or under after rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, encoding , designing softwares like 3dmax , cinema4d and adobe all suits .

Parts Not Required: OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: ebay.com

Country of Origin: INDAI

Parts Preferences: I lean towards Intel and Nvidia, but it's not set in stone

Overclocking: for sure after 1 year of usage i made

graphic card requires complete help on it .
dvd rw and burner with 24x speed for writing dvds

Monitor Resolution:, 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I've never built a computer before, so obviously I am no expert on any of this, so I was hoping for help from people who are. I probably won't be buying anything until Christmas time (first semester of college being done then), so this is all just really brainstorming for the moment.

I fiddled around on ebay for a while and came up with this build if i can add it or not .
i want to create hardcore gaming pc plus it should have its clock speed
over 4ghz after overclocking and before overclocking its clock speed can be above 3ghz . most important it should have
2TB hard disk space can neglaect to 1 tb and 4gb minimum ram that too of DDR3 . with a nice a grapic card . MONITOR must be above 22 inches it can
be 23 inches or even 24 inches . with xbox 360 gaming pad that i can add with it to play games on pc rather than
using keyboard for games .dvdrw should be 24x or can even be blue ray burner optical drive also .cooler tell me with it also.
MOST IMPORTANT MY BUDGET IS AROUND 75000INR OR 1650.680297 USD. till now i could only decide the processors as shown
below.

just the basic optinion on how do i want it .

More about : build guys

August 6, 2011 5:34:50 PM

I think the i7-2600K is the processor you want. Usually I recommend the i5-2500K because the clock speeds are very similar and the 2600K is $100 more, however by January the price should go down and the hyperthreading that the i7 offers is great for the encoding and design software that you mentioned. The "K" in the 2600K is important because you want to overclock.

If you do go with the i7-2600K (or i5-2500K) it has an socket type of 1155 and there are a lot of motherboards with that socket. Before you can choose a board, though, you need to choose a chipset. The newest chipset is the Z68, but if you don't care about onboard video (it's a nice backup but in a gaming rig you'll be using a video card) then the P67 will save you a few bucks and you won't notice the difference. There are a lot of motherboard brands at several different price ranges that will work well. In the $200 range I would recommend the ASUS P8P67 PRO or the ASUS P8Z68-V PRO. ASUS is a good brand with good customer service. When buying a sandy bridge chip and motherboard off of ebay, make sure you get one whose chipset was built after all the sandy bridge bugs were worked out. There's no problem with new boards, but older used boards could still have the bug.

In terms of hard drives, I recommend a 120GB+ SDD for the operating system and for installation of games plus a 2TB HDD for mass storage. This configuration is expensive ($200 for the SDD plus about $100 for the HDD) but will provide excellent gaming performance.

In terms of GPU, there are a lot of options depending on how much you want to spend on it. In a $1600 computer you could spend quite a bit of money just on the GPU if you wanted, so until you give a more precise figure for your GPU budget, it's too tough to say.

You'll be able to use most any DDR3 ram that you find, but if you're using a 32-bit version of Windows there's no reason to go over 4GB. Any dvd drive that you find will satisfy your speed requirements.
m
l
Related resources
!