Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Pc Specifics:
intel core 2 duo 2.8ghz E7400
motherboard intel DG41RQ
RAM: Kingston (KVR800D2N6_2G) 2GB(x2) 800Mhz -total 4GB
OS windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
HDD 250GB SAMSUNG SATA
GPU: XFX FORCE 9400 GT 1 GB (PV-T94G-ZAH3)
Power Supply 300Watts mercury came with Mercury ATX case
LG DVD writer
17" Monitor Flatron L1752S
now iwant to know whether this power supply(300watts) is enough for this PC ...does this GPU need a higher power supply? if yes how much..?
sometimes pc wont startup..or it will just start and automatically shutdown before showing BIOS screen..or some times CPU starts and function normally but display unit wont display anything even BIOS screen..BIOS setting ACPI state =S3...anyone pls ans...!!

should be ok for that system, but any no-name brand psu that comes with a case will be of poor quality. It will probably last 12 months if your lucky. If the PC wont start up sometimes i would replace the PSU before it blows up. But it could be other parts liek your motherboard, or something overheating. Take the side panel off the case and make sure the cpu and video card fans are working, make sure the psu fan is working also.

nightraptor47

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
@iam2thecrowe--Video card doesnot have fan..some tome ican hear a sound inside the CPU (old motor sound) when i start the pc and it wont last 15 minutes..!! also i can stop this sound by just putting pc into sleep and resuming...!!