So, why no discussion about PoP:WW? Hardly anyone has it yet, or what?
Bought our copies on release date.

Personally, I think every review I've read on it is way off-base. My wife
and I think it's splendid, if a bit sadistic in some areas (that HUGE area
in the garden tower with NO even soft-saves at all comes to mind).

--
Vorxion - Founder of the knocking-shop of the mind.

"You have it, you sell it, you've still got it--what's the difference?"
--Diana Trent, "Waiting for God", on why a modelling agency is really a
knocking-shop. Applied by me to the field of consulting. :)

The Sci-Fi fan's solution to debt: Reverse the polarity on your charge card.

"Vorxion" <vorxion@knockingshopofthemind.com> wrote in message
> So, why no discussion about PoP:WW? Hardly anyone has it yet, or what?
> Bought our copies on release date.
>
> Personally, I think every review I've read on it is way off-base. My wife
> and I think it's splendid, if a bit sadistic in some areas (that HUGE area
> in the garden tower with NO even soft-saves at all comes to mind).

There's been a little bit...might have been in the PS2 or Xbox groups,
though. I think the reviews are dead-on. It plays a lot like last year's
excellent Sands of Time, but the sound is awful, the music is completely
inappropriate, the new characters are one-dimensional Mortal Kombat wannabes
(in comparison to the nicely fleshed-out characters in SoT), the Prince has
become a shallow "tough guy" (last year he was a rude, arrogant prick, which
was entertaining), and to top it all off, the game is buggy as hell.
It's like they took last year's game and tried as hard as they could to ruin
it. They didn't succeed, not quite, but Sands of Time was far better in
every respect except the underlying gameplay. And even in that category,
Warrior Within falls a little short, because there's too much pointless,
repetetive combat and not enough cool monkey-climbing.