Mobile pc display instead of Ati mobility? Drivers recognised

Sienna

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
I've had this problem since installing the new 11.5 catalyst...In devices the Ati Mobility HD 5470 card is recognised, the drivers installed, but my display still doesn't give me the option of using it, and all 3D applications run incredibly slowly... Any help much appreciated,
Thanks

in_core

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2010
youare talking abt ati mobility 5470? that means you have a laptop...usually manufactures of laptop tweaks the hardware of the mobile graphics cards...so it is advisable to not download drivers from the ATI websitr...instead use your laptop manufacturers webite...

Sienna

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011

I did attempt to use the windows roll back, but just got a black screen, after restarting nothing had changed.

In_core should I just go to the packard Bell website and see what I can find then?

Sienna

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011

Thanks, just found one; do I uninstall the driver I have first, or can I just overwrite it?

Sienna

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011

Afraid nothing's changed...I noticed the drivers you advised are written correctly but the system still thinks it's catalyst 11.5...I used the catalyst uninstaller, is it just not removing everything properly?

Sorry for being such a pain!

Sienna

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
I don't know if I'm willing to download 3rd party software at the moment, thanks for all your help in_core, will definately download if I can't find a way around it

Sienna

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
I've also just noticed that under 'processes' there are no Ati processes running. I also only have the following my my Windows/System32/drivers folder:

ati2erec.dll
AtiHdmi.sys
AtihdW76.sys
atikmdag.sys
atikmpag.sys
atipmdag.sys

Seems like I'm missing some dlls?