Sign in with
Your question

New Computer Video Card. No picture

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 2, 2011 2:26:21 PM

I recently decided to build my own computers. After completing it, everything boot up fine. Installed windows 7 etc.

When getting my video card driver i realized it was the card that i had. Realizing it was my integrated video card that comes with the mobo,(Mind you its my first time building) I switched my vga cord down to the card ports, tried both of them. Yet i had no picture come up. I opened it up and saw the fan on my card is spinning and i believe it to be pushed into the pci correctly. What am i doing wrong?

Relevent Spec

Hd Radeon 6870 1Gb DDR5

ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 Mobo

Thanks
a b U Graphics card
June 2, 2011 7:01:11 PM

What's your power supply?

Also, did you make sure to connect your video card with the power connectors from your power supply to the back of the video card?
m
l
a c 540 U Graphics card
June 2, 2011 8:23:45 PM

Ensure that you have the two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors connected from the power supply unit to the two power sockets on top of the graphics card. If that has been done and it now works you're set to go.

If you still don't get a video signal from the graphics card you will need to go into the BIOS Setup utility and check the settings.

BIOS Setup --> Advanced --> Chipset --> Internal Graphics

Refer to your motherboard manual for info on the various settings and options.
m
l
!