Solved

PSU Fan placement

Are there PSUs which have fans placed downwards towards the motherboard?

is it good for the motherboard, getting warm air from psu directly at it?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about placement
  1. Are you talking about bottom mounted PSU or top?
  2. You point your PSU fan toward the bottom vent of your case, don't blow heat in.
  3. hell_storm2004 said:
    Are you talking about bottom mounted PSU or top?



    top mounted psu


    it somewhat looks like the image (ignore the M and F....this is some pic i got from the net)
    the fan is placed downwards towards the processor
  4. trihedral said:
    You point your PSU fan toward the bottom vent of your case, don't blow heat in.



    i din't quite get it
  5. Normal rule of thumb is... top/rear are air outlets and bottom sides are air intake. So add them all together. It should blow out!
  6. hell_storm2004 said:
    Normal rule of thumb is... top/rear are air outlets and bottom sides are air intake. So add them all together. It should blow out!



    so the fan thats facing towards the processor has to be intake and not outake right?
  7. If you are referring to the picture that you posted.... The PSU should be blowing out, opposite of what is shown. If the rear fan that is shown should blow out.
  8. hell_storm2004 said:
    If you are referring to the picture that you posted.... The PSU should be blowing out, opposite of what is shown. If the rear fan that is shown should blow out.



    i don't have any system fans put up
    and i don't plan on putiing one either
    the image is from the net (ignore the system fan)

    and about the earlier question
    is it good to have a psu blowing air towards the processor?
  9. Best answer
    Its no going to hinder the actual working of the PC. But when you are overclocking and gaming for a long time. the CPU/Motherboard temps would go up.
  10. Best answer selected by revaerluos.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Fan Motherboards Components