ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE video out issues

sophie999

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum, but hope someone has an advice.

I just bought a custom-built desktop with ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE MB, 3770K chip, 16 GB 1600 RAM.
Installed 64 bit Win 7, updated all of the drivers, including Intel HD 4000.
javascript: void(0);
The PC has 2 video out ports: HDMI and Display Port.

I wanted to use the DP-DVI cable for my old 19" Samsung monitor (1440x900 res, DVI and VGA inputs) and HDMI for my old TV (analog, CRT old display via HDMI-component video cable).

Here is my problem.

1. HDMI to DVI cable works on my Samsung monitor, no issues.
2. DP to DVI or DP to VGA does not work with the Samsung monitor. No input signal detected at all.
3. HDMI to component video cable does not work with the TV (no input detected).

Not sure what the issue is. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Sophie

Hello, one problem I can see is that an analog TV will not work with digital signal from HDMI. (no signal message that you're getting is because it's expecting analog, while you're providing digital)

Not sure why DP to DVI doesn't work on a monitor though. Do you have another monitor besides the samsung one to check if the samsung even gets recognized when you hook it up in such fashion? (this is to rule out a bad adapter)

migit128

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2009
Ever find a solution to this? Ive got the same mobo/processor and my DP to DVI cable doesn't work either. I've used the same cable to drive the same monitor, but with a different video card fine. I'm using the mobo's HDMI output with an HDMI to DVI cable for another monitor fine too. I don't understand why this DP output isn't working