Which is the best cooler for i3 2100 processor?

yasir siddiqui

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
Which is the best cooler and gives best performance for "i3 2100" processor with motherboard Intel DH67CL, i am facing trouble for deciding to buy because they have same price.

1-COOLER MASTER (COOLING SOLUTION) HYPER 212 PLUS

2-COOLER MASTER (COOLING SOLUTION) VORTEX PLUS (SUPP INTEL & AMD)

Dainard Jackson

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
Hello friends,

I would like to say, The Intel Desktop Board DH67CL is an Intel H67 Express Chipset-based desktop board in ATX form factor. It supports the 2nd generation Intel. Best performance for "i3 2100" processor with motherboard Intel DH67CL.

Best regards
Dainard Jackson
_________
istarusa.com

nordlead

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
The only reason to switch from a stock cooler on a non-overclockable CPU (ok, you can overclock it, but barely) is to reduce noise output. If your concern is temperatures, the stock is more than sufficient (else they'd have a lot of warranty claims)

The Hyper 212+ will be quieter with the 120mm fan. With my i5 at stock I can have the fan at minimum speed and still have really good temps. The fan doesn't speed up until I've been at 100% CPU for a minute or two.

I agree with all the others that said for the Intel® Core™ i3-2100 is just fine with the stock cooler. The only reason to change it is out is it you are in a poorly ventilated area or are looking for a quite or thin form factor chassis like for an HTPC.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

rambaye

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011

That is hot enough for i3 2100
i had the core i3-550 and my idle temps was about 21C and my load temps are about 40C... however these cpu's can handle up to about 65-70C before you should worry and by this point your computer should crash to protect itself if it does its job properly

According to intel the temprature is 61.1C for this cpu

008Rohit

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011

Anything under 85-90C is fine.

My i3 2100 with stock cooler runs at 32C idle and 70C at 100% load.

yasir siddiqui

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011

Sir, please tell me the avg and safe temperature of i3 2100 processor?

nordlead

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011

Average depends on your surrounding air temperature. If your room temperature is really high (30C, or 86F or higher), then the processor will get much hotter than if the room was cool (say 20C or 68F) The max safe temperature specified by Intel is 70C. I did find one thread saying that at 25C room temperature with a stock cooler and aftermarket thermal paste that he had 54C at load. However, I don't know how he tested load (prime 95, or just playing a video game).

If you are seeing unsafe temperatures with the stock cooler, then it may have been put on improperly. Make sure the heatsink mounting pins are all the way through the motherboard and that the heatsink is firmly attached. If it doesn't seem to be attached correctly you may want to remove it, apply new thermal paste after cleaning it off, and then remount the heatsink.

EDIT: seems to be conflicting information on what the max temperature of the i3-2100 is. On Intel's page it says TCase = 69.1C. I've seen another measurement TJMax = 100, but can't find that on Intel's website.

rambaye

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
one more thing to add if your are in the area where dust is common or your room is much ventilated and air flow is good there are possibilities that your heat sink will catch dust that will cover the heat sink like a spider womb and will block the air as in my case i was continuously receiving high temperature warnings for my CPU even when it was on idle state . Then i opened my case and found all the mess covering my heat sink .