Sign in with
Your question
Solved

GA-Z77X-D3H vs GA-Z77X-UD3H

Last response: in Motherboards
August 3, 2012 10:46:47 PM

Hi, my first post so please cut me some slack. I'm looking to upgrade my motherboard and am looking at the D3H and the UD3H. I am unsure of the difference between the boards and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on which one to go for. As far as I can see, the only difference are the ports.

I have an i5 2400, EVGA GTX550ti and 8gb Ripjaws. I am also looking to SLI with another GTX550ti in the near future. At the moment I'm using a Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D2V

Can anyone offer advice as to which one I should go for, is the price difference worth it? Also, am I going to see any performance upgrades from my current board?

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...

More about : z77x d3h z77x ud3h

a c 137 V Motherboard
August 3, 2012 11:00:27 PM

The UD3H is the better board overall (better version of their "Ultra Durable" design) and it does have a few more nice features as well.

Both are good boards (even though I'm not really a big fan of Gigabyte), but the UD3H would be my choice. It's only $15 more (from Newegg) anyway.
m
l
August 3, 2012 11:59:01 PM

OK, thanks for the quick reply, by any chance do you know the specific differences between the 2 boards??
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

August 4, 2012 12:05:15 AM

Like DJDeCiBel said both are good boards but the UD3H has some extra features for $15 more. They're pretty much the same board overall, but you get some extra switches installed on the UD3H board that you dont with the D3H. Like power button, reset, bios switch, theres a display port for the intel graphics (if you use an IB chip), 6 plugs for audio (5 on the D3H). The UD3H is better if you want to OC, as it has more features for doing that over the cheaper board.

I prefer to use Gigabyte boards since in my experience they have given me the fewest headaches when building a system. And I like the Dual Bios feature which both of these board support. Either way pick the one that fits your budget and your needs. They should both give you a few years of good use.
August 4, 2012 4:37:55 AM

Best answer selected by IMA UNICORN.
m
l
!