Upload freezing problem HELP!

mike8472

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
Hi, I have a Rosewill wireless G PCI card being used on a Windows 7 x64 system. Every time I try to upload anything (email attachments, speedtest.net, etc.) my computer freezes, and I'm forced to restart it manually. This problem happens on both IE or Chrome (so I don't think the browser is the problem) but it goes away when I hook my system up to wired LAN. I have no idea what's wrong with it, but I'm guessing the problem lies within my wireless card settings. Anyone know how to fix it? :hello:

Solution
I'm tempted to think it's a driver problem, esp. given it's 64 bit. I assume Windows automatically installed and configured the driver. Try grabbing the driver from the manufacturer directly. Sometimes the driver chosen by Windows is not always the best choice.
G

Could it be a resource clash ? Go into the BIOS and disable any ports you're not using (COM, Games/Midi, Parallel Port if using USB printer). Restart Windows a ciouple of times to reassign resources.

Try moving the card to a different slot.

I'm tempted to think it's a driver problem, esp. given it's 64 bit. I assume Windows automatically installed and configured the driver. Try grabbing the driver from the manufacturer directly. Sometimes the driver chosen by Windows is not always the best choice.

Solution

mike8472

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
I tried what you said frihart, didn't work. I'm using an MSI 890fxa motherboard, so I only have 1 PCI slot. BTW, all of my computer parts are less than a month old. Eibgrad, I'm downloading the Rosewill driver right now. I'll get back to you.

mike8472

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
WOW! Thanks a lot eibgrad! It worked! I downloaded the newest drivers from Rosewill's site, and I tested speedtest.net, and the upload went perfectly! (when it used to freeze before) Thanks again!