mastertrumpet1

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
I have a Asus K53E laptop and I was dumb enough to update the wrong bios version. I been looking all over the place to find out if I can reflash the bios and fix it but I have no luck. I would ship it in but i don't have warranty anymore. Does anyone know anyway to fix it? I really want to use my laptop. I would consider replacing the bios chip but I want to know if there is any other way to fix it without replacing the bios chip or motherboard. Thank you for helping :)

mastertrumpet1

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
oh. So if its in black screen and can't access the bios, the only way to make my laptop to run again is to replace the chip? well that sucks. I hope bios chips don't run at a high price. Do you know where to buy them at?

Jurgec

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015
Hello,
i have the same problem as mastertrumpet1.
I ordered programmer and clip adapter from ebay. So my question is if i can program BIOS chip soldered on motherboard or i have to unsolder it and then program it and solder it back?
I am afraid that i will make my motherboard faulty if i will program BIOS chip directly soldered in circuit. Do you maybe have experience about this?