Metroid Prime 2 Echoes: Good Xmas Gift?

I need to buy a game for a xmas gift. Is Metroid 2 Prime Echoes a good
game?

mac
5 answers Last reply
More about metroid prime echoes good xmas gift
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "mac" <aaa@aaa.com> wrote in message
    >I need to buy a game for a xmas gift. Is Metroid 2 Prime Echoes a good
    >game?
    >
    > mac

    Based on current ratings (average 9.2 score), I'd say hell yeah. I'm getting
    this game myself to tide me over until Resident Evil 4 on January 11th.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "mac" <aaa@aaa.com> wrote in message
    > I need to buy a game for a xmas gift. Is Metroid 2 Prime Echoes a good
    > game?
    >
    > mac

    Yes, it's excellent. If the person you're buying for doesn't have Metroid
    Prime, though, it's just as good and $30 cheaper. You could get him/her two
    games.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "mac" <aaa@aaa.com> wrote in message
    >I need to buy a game for a xmas gift. Is Metroid 2 Prime Echoes a good
    >game?

    All depends on what kind of games the person you are buying it for
    likes...personally, I probably wouldn't ever get around to playing it - no
    matter how good it is. I never played more than an hour or two of MP and
    lost interest - which of course doesn't mean it wasn't a great game, just
    that it wasn't my type of game.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> writes:
    >>I need to buy a game for a xmas gift. Is Metroid 2 Prime Echoes a good
    >>game?
    >
    > I never played more than an hour or two of MP and lost interest -
    > which of course doesn't mean it wasn't a great game, just that it
    > wasn't my type of game.

    Note that if you liked other Metroid games, you'll probably like MP
    too -- it does a very good job of capturing the Metroid `feel'.

    I found the beginning of MP less fun, because it took me a fair amount
    of time to get used to the controls, so I played on and off for a long
    time (I would go _months_ without playing) -- but at some point, maybe
    about 20% of the way through, it suddenly clicked, and from then on I
    was utterly and completely hooked. After the initial stutters, the
    difficulty curve is spot on for keeping you on your toes but not driving
    you insane.

    I think it's the only video game I've played in years that actually had
    me thinking about it outside of home, planning my strategy for that
    evening when I got home!

    -Miles
    --
    `Life is a boundless sea of bitterness'
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Miles Bader" <miles@gnu.org> wrote in message

    > I think it's the only video game I've played in years that actually had
    > me thinking about it outside of home, planning my strategy for that
    > evening when I got home!

    I've had a few that had me dreaming about them - Fable, Zelda OOT (never
    played til on the cube..), Beyond Good and Evil, Jet Set Radio Future and
    most recently ( and the most suprising that I would wake up thinking about
    it...) the new GBA Kingdom Hearts which I just finished the first
    playthrough on to unlock the 2nd character which I am playing now.

Console Gaming Games Video Gamecube Nintendo Video Games