Metroid Prime 2 Echoes: Good Xmas Gift?

mindblender

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

"mac" <aaa@aaa.com> wrote in message
news:FL5xd.948$Y8.226@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
>I need to buy a game for a xmas gift. Is Metroid 2 Prime Echoes a good
>game?
>
> mac

Based on current ratings (average 9.2 score), I'd say hell yeah. I'm getting
this game myself to tide me over until Resident Evil 4 on January 11th.

"mac" <aaa@aaa.com> wrote in message
> I need to buy a game for a xmas gift. Is Metroid 2 Prime Echoes a good
> game?
>
> mac

Yes, it's excellent. If the person you're buying for doesn't have Metroid
Prime, though, it's just as good and $30 cheaper. You could get him/her two
games.

"mac" <aaa@aaa.com> wrote in message
>I need to buy a game for a xmas gift. Is Metroid 2 Prime Echoes a good
>game?

All depends on what kind of games the person you are buying it for
likes...personally, I probably wouldn't ever get around to playing it - no
matter how good it is. I never played more than an hour or two of MP and
lost interest - which of course doesn't mean it wasn't a great game, just
that it wasn't my type of game.

"Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> writes:
>>I need to buy a game for a xmas gift. Is Metroid 2 Prime Echoes a good
>>game?
>
> I never played more than an hour or two of MP and lost interest -
> which of course doesn't mean it wasn't a great game, just that it
> wasn't my type of game.

Note that if you liked other Metroid games, you'll probably like MP
too -- it does a very good job of capturing the Metroid `feel'.

I found the beginning of MP less fun, because it took me a fair amount
of time to get used to the controls, so I played on and off for a long
time (I would go _months_ without playing) -- but at some point, maybe
about 20% of the way through, it suddenly clicked, and from then on I
was utterly and completely hooked. After the initial stutters, the
difficulty curve is spot on for keeping you on your toes but not driving
you insane.

I think it's the only video game I've played in years that actually had
me thinking about it outside of home, planning my strategy for that
evening when I got home!

-Miles
--
`Life is a boundless sea of bitterness'

"Miles Bader" <miles@gnu.org> wrote in message

> I think it's the only video game I've played in years that actually had
> me thinking about it outside of home, planning my strategy for that
> evening when I got home!

I've had a few that had me dreaming about them - Fable, Zelda OOT (never
played til on the cube..), Beyond Good and Evil, Jet Set Radio Future and
most recently ( and the most suprising that I would wake up thinking about
it...) the new GBA Kingdom Hearts which I just finished the first
playthrough on to unlock the 2nd character which I am playing now.