Budget<800$

xpanda

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
Hi. I'm new here, but i've been on other forums,so i know what to do. I read the rules, FAQ ect none the less.

OK, so i'm going to build a computer either early September or late December. I was wondering if you guys could help me in choosing the parts i should get, how i should go about it ect, ect.

I plan on doing Intermediate-Advance editing in HD in programs such as,
Adobe Programs CS5 (AE,PS ect.)
Sony Vegas
Cinema 4D
3ds MAX

I also plan on doing very casual gaming, as my Xbox console suits my needs personaly.
Games i plan on playing casualy are,
Call of Duty 4, W@W,Black Ops ect.
Mine Craft
Left For Dead 1&2
And any other games in those catagories.

I would also greatly appreciate input on the following build, and how it would preform.

Thanks in advance!
pooph.png

Solution
I would change a few things:
1st: I would change the i7 2600k to an i5 2500k because the 2600k is extra money for similar performance.
2nd: I would get a better gfx card with the money saved from the 2600k
3rd: I would buy a cheaper case for a better graphics card around $50

r0aringdrag0n

Distinguished
I would change a few things:
1st: I would change the i7 2600k to an i5 2500k because the 2600k is extra money for similar performance.
2nd: I would get a better gfx card with the money saved from the 2600k
3rd: I would buy a cheaper case for a better graphics card around $50

Solution

xpanda

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
Thanks for the Reply, i just got THIS at Micro center, I went overbudget, but the build seemed pretty solid and tight.
Input would be nice on how it would preform.

BTW this is a HUDGE upgrade because my latest Desktop is a Dell Inspiron 530s
Specs.
2GB DDR2 RAM
Intel Core2 Duo Wolfdale
350w PSU
320gb HDD 5400rpm+

My Notebook is a bit better. :p

r0aringdrag0n

Distinguished

We don't know that yet, so far, all intel's CPUs are better than AMD by far. And since the FX is still not out yet, we don't have any solid benchmarks, so we don't know if it will be able to compete with the 4 core 2500k

xpanda

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011
That is just a filler they put in for people to waste their money till ivy bridge comes into play.

Its a good waste of money but when BD releases the SB will lose the lime light and then SBE will try to regain some of it where as IB is going to tear that bridge down.

Sorry, but the i5, and i7 are still better no matter how you look at it. Any idk what case you have, but in the haf 912, the temps dont go aboive 70 with the stock cooler.
AMD is behind, and who knows, maybe they will out class the SB. But i'm NOT gaming, or its at least the lowest of priorities right now.
The Build best for gaming would be this, and this is what i am getting so far. Again, I'm EDITING, so the i7 hyper threading will make a noticeable difference.

Intel core i7 2600k
8GB DDR3 1.5 1333 RAM
GTX 550 ti
600w PSU
p8z68 mobo

i believe the 460 is way better than the 550TI

How so? If the 550 ti is super-clocked?

xpanda

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2011

Thanks, so far then this my build

i7 2600k
Kingston 8Gb DDR3 Ram 1.5v
2tb WD green HDD 5400rpm
Gtx 460 EVGA Graphics Card
600w Ocz Psu
P8Z68-V Mobo
Haf 912 case
Emachines 99$ monitor.

Anything I should change? Btw budget is no higher than 900$ without the monitor.