simulate middle mouse-button under windows for synaptic mo..

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
August 2, 2005 4:56:42 PM

I've got an acer laptop with a two-button mousepad. under linux I press
both buttons at the same time to get the middle-button simulated.

under the various settings in the synaptic driver in windows there is no
such option. I really like the middle mousebutton for working with
emacs, firefox etc. under windows two.

any help?

thnx,
peter

--
http://www.goldfisch.at/know_list
Anonymous

peter pilsl wrote:
> I've got an acer laptop with a two-button mousepad. under linux I press
> both buttons at the same time to get the middle-button simulated.
>
> under the various settings in the synaptic driver in windows there is no
> such option. I really like the middle mousebutton for working with
> emacs, firefox etc. under windows two.
>
> any help?
>
> thnx,
> peter
>
> --
> http://www.goldfisch.at/know_list

I have a compaq laptop with a synaptic touchpad and two buttons, i dual
boot to windows xp and Fedora Core 4.

Under both operating systems, pressing both buttons at the same time
simulates the middle mouse!

I'm not sure why it wont do it on your computer in windows. Maybe get
an alternative driver? or use the standard Microsoft Driver. I do
believe (but not for sure) that the basic Microsoft driver will still
allow the touchpads scroll regions to work.
July 16, 2008 4:20:22 AM

on my asus laptop + synaptics touch pad, I find that SHIFT + left click does the same as middle click does with a mouse -- pasting into msys rxvt in my case.

so yes, SHIFT + LEFT CLICK seems to be the answer.

Sam
March 19, 2013 6:45:16 PM

samwatkins said:
on my asus laptop + synaptics touch pad, I find that SHIFT + left click does the same as middle click does with a mouse -- pasting into msys rxvt in my case.

so yes, SHIFT + LEFT CLICK seems to be the answer.

Sam

yeah, just found that on my hp-dv6 6188ca laptop, it works too, thanx for mention that
!