Installing from Mounted ISO

sami055

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
As the title says i've seen guides online but they're a bit confusing. I had windows 7 on my computer before. but it got a virus and the usb that I install windows 7 with died on me. So I installed windows XP on my custom machine with a 1gb flash drive using wintoflash. But now i kinda want windows 7 back so I can play games. Is there anyway to do this.

Why can't you play games on XP? I think there are only a few games that need Vista or 7 to run.

If you have an iso file with Windows 7, get a blank DVD, burn the iso file on the DVD (make sure you burn it as an image file, don't just burn the iso file on the disk), install Windows 7 using your license key.

sami055

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
Im not stupid I know how to burn the iso. It's that i don't have a disc drive to use it with. I have an official Windows 7 dvd from microsoft. I wouldn't as if I didn't know how.

Branden

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
so essentially you're asking how to upgrade XP to 7 from your windows 7 install disc without a DVD drive or big enough USB drive?

go buy a DVD drive and use it to install/upgrade! even if you intended to use a USB drive or mount an ISO instead of using the disc you'd still need a DVD drive to image an ISO or copy files off the disc anyways. for someone whose not stupid you should know this.