Grounding acrylic case while building

i'm building my first pc and i'm getting an acrylic case for it. after doing research i realize that was a stupid move, but now i'm stuck with it, so how can i ground myself while building? i know with a metal case you just touch the case the whole time, but what should i do for this case? also should i build on vinyl or carpet? i really don't want to kill my motherboard.
5 answers Last reply
More about grounding acrylic case building
  1. kabob3892 said:
    also should i build on vinyl or carpet?
    On a cardboard base on the vinyl floor.
    Plug the PSU into the wall socket. It will be OFF but you can touch the PSU casing to get a good ground thanks to the grounded wall socket.
  2. Thanks
  3. No problemo.
    Let us know how things go and give us some feedback on how you like the acrylic case.
  4. Wear an anti-static wrist strap, clipped onto the grill of the PSU. Make sure the PSU switch remains in the OFF position so you don't have +5VSB voltage flowing.
  5. Onus said:
    Wear an anti-static wrist strap, clipped onto the grill of the PSU. Make sure the PSU switch remains in the OFF position so you don't have +5VSB voltage flowing.

i was just going to touch the psu as often as possible, i know it would not be as safe, but it will still work, right?
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Cases Motherboards Systems