Closed Solved

Adding fans to an Antec 300 vs. buying an Antec 300 Illusion

As far as I've been able to find out, the differences between the Antec 300 and the Antec 300 Illusion are:

1} The Antec 300 comes with 2 fans (1 x 120mm TriCool rear fan and 1 x 140mm TriCool top fan) and the Illusion comes with 4 fans (the first two PLUS 2 x 120mm TriCool Blue LED front fans)

2} The Illusion is a NewEgg only exclusive while the regular 300 you can buy at a variety of locations.

Currently, MicroCenter is having a deal on the Antec 300 for $35 (after rebate) which seems like a pretty solid deal (albeit without the two extra fans). I looked around to see what two more TriCool fans would cost me and it looks like there's three other options:

$19.99 - TriCool 120mm Blue LED Fan
$14.99 - TriCool 120mm Ball Bearing Case Fan (clear)
$3.99 - TriCool 120mm Blue LED Case Fan

Apart from looks and price, these fans seem to be virtually the same.

Bottom Line: Should I go with the regular case and then buy two more fans at $4/each? Or am I missing something?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about adding fans antec buying antec illusion
  1. The Illusion comes with the colored fans. That's the only difference.
  2. Best answer
    If you can get the 300 for $35+4+4 then that's a good deal. Microcenter always has a lot of good deals.

The usual price for the 300 is $60+more for 2 fans if you want, while the usual price is $70 for the illusion. However, the illusion goes on sale like once a month for $45, that is really the only good time to buy it. Otherwise there are better cases at the $60-70 range that offer cable management and a bottom vent for the psu.
  3. Thanks, K1114! Yeah, I guess I should have been a little more clear. Since there's a range of quality when it comes to case fans, I was uncertain whether or not going with the $35+4+4 (while cheaper) would actually be a good idea if the fans in the Illusion are of better quality and would cost me something like $35+15+15 to match.

So you'd say go the $35+4+4 route and enjoy the savings?
  4. Those $4 fans are the same tricool that come with the illusion. Usually they are $10 but microcenter is just awesome. Too bad they don't have that many stores though, but if you are near one, you're lucky.
  5. Yeah, I live right down the road from one. Woo! Thanks!
  6. Best answer selected by BobToe.
  7. k1114 said:
    If you can get the 300 for $35+4+4 then that's a good deal. Microcenter always has a lot of good deals.

The usual price for the 300 is $60+more for 2 fans if you want, while the usual price is $70 for the illusion. However, the illusion goes on sale like once a month for $45, that is really the only good time to buy it. Otherwise there are better cases at the $60-70 range that offer cable management and a bottom vent for the psu.

+4+4 like a total of 8 fans ?
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Antec Fan LED Monitor Components