Sony DSC-P200 - Suggestions for good belt case

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 21, 2005 4:12:53 PM

I just bought this camera and am very happy with it, but now I need a case.

I am looking for a very small case with a belt clip or belt loop.

Steve J.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 8:17:07 PM

"Steve Johnson" <stevedjohnson@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news:p Lz%d.8711$ot.7418@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>I just bought this camera and am very happy with it, but now I need a case.
>
> I am looking for a very small case with a belt clip or belt loop.

> Steve J.

Look for a "fanny pack." Several companies make them. It's just a pouch
with a belt that goes around your waist. You can keep it in front of you
when you need stuff, or swing it behind you to get it out of your way. No
need for a belt, or pants for that matter.

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 11:44:57 PM

Sheldon wrote:
> "Steve Johnson" <stevedjohnson@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
> news:p Lz%d.8711$ot.7418@tornado.texas.rr.com...
>> I just bought this camera and am very happy with it, but now I need
>> a case. I am looking for a very small case with a belt clip or belt
>> loop.
>>
>> Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Steve J.
>
> Look for a "fanny pack." Several companies make them. It's just a
> pouch with a belt that goes around your waist. You can keep it in
> front of you when you need stuff, or swing it behind you to get it
> out of your way. No need for a belt, or pants for that matter.

B & H has a number of inexpensive belt-loop cases of various size and
manufacture, including Lowe Pro, in their "Used" section. Very
inexpensive ( three dollars and up ), very new.

--
Frank ess
April 2, 2005 8:20:12 PM

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:12:53 GMT, "Steve Johnson" <stevedjohnson@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>I just bought this camera and am very happy with it, but now I need a case.
>
>I am looking for a very small case with a belt clip or belt loop.

I wanted something with a belt clip - not one with a loop, through which you
have to run your belt.

I settled for the "Body Glove" from RitzCamera. I got the medium size, if I
recall correctly - the one for about $15. I got it at the local store, but
can't find it online.

It will take in the camera, and nothing else... OK, you can put the wrist strap
in one of the sides, but certainly not spare memory or battery.

It's made of neoprene, so it's lightweight, but doesn't offer the protection a
hard or semi-hard case would provide. It has a flap that comes over the camera,
and has a Velcro closure.

One really neat thing is the clip in the back - it swivels, so when you hook it
on your belt, you can rotate the case to the horizontal (also has click stops at
45 degree positions).

The other nylon compact bags like LowePro or Tamrac, though having pockets for
small items, were not as compact for the camera alone.

Something to consider, given how small this camera is, you may want to look at
cases for other small electronic items...

Henry

Posted Using Agent 2.0
[to reply, delete the AT]

!