Which card are best gtx460 or xfx ?

avikchanda85

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
i want to buy a card. but which card is best for me. playing game and also multimedia work. so kindly help me nvidia geforce gtx 460 / xfx card is best?

A limited quantity in a few countries is just as bad but I stand corrected.

Well the reasons for XFX and Nvidia going their separate ways are still unclear, I know the ATi crowd would have us believe that it was because Nvidias GPU's are too hot and too expensive but I still wonder if it had more to do with XFX refusing to toe the party line when it comes to the naming of cards with suffixes and prefix's.

heard rumor that XFX once exclusive to nvidia but then XFX start selling ATI (starting from HD4k series if i'm not mistaken) and nvidia doesn't like that. as punishment they did not give XFX rights to manufacture boards for nvidia anymore starting from the 400 series (though XFX still able to make some of it such as GTX460 i mention above).

I read that too but it doesn't really ring true as there are other AIB's who make both Nvidia and ATi cards such as Asus, MSI and Gigabyte.

maybe they make card for both sides since the very beginning? what ever the reason is it does not matter anymore. the fact is XFX doesn't make cards for nvidia anymore. :p

avikchanda85

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
but asus grforce gtx 560 is not nvidia. its only asus grforce gtx . i want asus nvidia grforce gtx 560 . actually i need nvidia. i am searching xfx nvidia geforce gtx 560. but its not available in market. so i decied asus brand. but confuse between two brand asus grforce gtx 560 and asus nvidia grforce gtx 560. so which is best asus nvidia geforce gtx or asus geforce gtx.

Tamz_msc

Distinguished
NVIDIA and AMD(formerly ATi) are the manufacturers of the GPU( the graphics processing unit) and give the add-in board partners like ASUS, XFX, MSI etc. the basic design upon which they build the cards and sell them. Technically, they're all either NVIDIA cards or AMD cards. The only thing these board partners do is sometimes make custom designs, use different components etc. and sell them under specific names like MSI Twin Frozr or ASUS DirectCu. I hope you get it now.

BTW, what's your PSU?

avikchanda85

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
thanks for your suggestion. i purches asus geforce gtx 560 ti direct cu 2 top. it is a best card. its simply awesome.560 ti is a best card guys. i am looking for samsung 27 inch led monitor. so i confused led or lcd. which is best for gaming and multimedia work and hd movie. someone say led is not beter than lcd. so please send ur suggestion.

avikchanda85

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
thanks for your suggestion. i purches asus geforce gtx 560 ti direct cu 2 top. it is a best card. its simply awesome.560 ti is a best card guys. i am looking for samsung 27 inch led monitor. so i confused led or lcd. which is best for gaming and multimedia work and hd movie. someone say led is not beter than lcd. so please send ur suggestion.