Having mobo ram slot issues

captred

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Well my buddy and I just built him a new machine, and well we are having issues with ram slots 1 & 2. Computer will not post with sticks any of the first 2 slots. The computer will post with sticks in 3 & 4 together or individually, but not mixed in any way with the first 2. The speaker is hooked up there are no beeps nothing, Could we have a faultily mobo. But computer loads fine into windows runs al programs using slots 3 & 4. The ram will only run at 800mhz single channel the way its setup now but it recognizes it as 16 Gigs I am stumped .

here are specs:

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77

I7 3770k

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10

Zeph824

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012
I'm currently having a problem like this on my three year old Asus motherboard. Others have told me that it's dying. It's probably best to send it back to Asus and have them replace it.

captred

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
I did actually figure it out. Turns out the cpu was not completely seated in the socket, So the memory controller which is built in the cpu was not populating the ram properly found out after I read another post with someone having the same problem.

Captr3d

captred

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

I did actually figure it out. Turns out the cpu was not completely seated in the socket, So the memory controller which is built in the cpu was not populating the ram properly found out after I read another post with someone having the same problem.

Captr3d