Will this video card work with N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX

cfordg57

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Hello,
I am trying to confirm whether or not a XFX HD 5770 which uses a PCI Express 2.1 x 16 interface will fit and operate with my HP p6710f desktop with a N-Alvorix-RS880-uATX (Alvorix) motherboard
I was told by HP support that that interface is physically different from the 2.0 x 16 interface and that the card will not fit in the slot. All it says in the online info is that it has a PCI Express x 16 slot. I was told by Staples where I purchased the unit that it would work fine. Please Help confirm or deny this! I have a Corsair 650TX power supply to go with it but won't bother if I can't use the new video card.
Thank you

Destroysall

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
I don't really think it matters. However, if it bothers you, why don't you go with Nvidia's GTX 550 Ti? It is (or at least marketed as) PCI-E 2.0 x 16, price range and performance is similar to the HD5770, and it is a newer card which means it would get better support in the future. I looked up your PC, and it has an Athlon II Quad Core, so I don't see it bottlenecking any sort of mid-range GPU.