Aug 7, 2011
Hi all ,

My specs-
Motherboard- M4A89GTD PRO
CPU - AMD 1090t BE
RAM-4GB Corsair 1600mhz 2x2GB
PSU-CiT 750w
GPU - 9400GT

Everything was bought new except my old gpu ( 9400gt, which was working fine)

I finished putting my new build together 2 days ago it was running OK but would randomly restart with the blue screen.

I never got around to overclocking the CPU atall as I hadn't bought a upgraded cooler , I went to turn it on this morning and nothing. All I get is 3 beeps , it seems like 1 longish beep and 2 short beeps on loop, I left the computer for well over 10 minutes to see if the beeps would stop but nothing, the DRAM LED is also on from on constantly . Im also not getting any display on my the monitor (also new and has been tested) .

What I've done- Disconnected everything , keyboard, mouse , CD drive, DVD drive, GPU , tested the PSU with another computer , took one ram stick out switched the sticks to different slots...

Also please note I didn't re-install windows as it booted fine ( I couldn't believe it either) and I was having problems when trying to installing windows so I planned on leaving it and getting a USB to install a clean version of windows...

Anyone got any idea's ? I read somewhere the 3 beeps could be faulty RAM , I bought the RAM new last week and have got spare RAM I have tested so I highly I've got 5 faulty sticks of RAM ...

Any help would be highly accpreciated as I'm currently scratching my eyes after spending most of today changing/swaping things around :(

ben2904

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2011

RAM IS Compatible according to the motherboard manual

ben2904

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2011
Seems like noone cares but I bought more RAM and still same problem so Im getting a replacement motherboard sent out. Im hoping that will sort the problems