Anyone get Baten Kaitos?

Last response: in Video Games
December 21, 2004 10:25:42 PM

If so, how exactly does the whole card battle system work?

More about : baten kaitos

December 21, 2004 10:25:43 PM

"Sai " <th3@pacbell.net> wrote in message
> If so, how exactly does the whole card battle system work?

Started playing it 2 nights okay.
Basically, you are allowed 20+ cards in your 'current hand' and they get
shuffled each new battle and when you run out.(taking an attack turn). Using
a card brings face up the next card in your current hand.
You can choose from your current hand of 4(or better?) cards:
attack cards, attack and defend cards(do both), and defend, as well as
others like healing cards.

When you attack, you can choose 1 or more cards depending on level. Each
card has an attack number on it, if you make a set or a straight, you get
bonus damage.
When you defend, you have x milliseconds to pick out the defense card(s) you
want to use.
There is also a light/dark sorta thing, where picking chaining a fire sword
and ice wand or something negates damage.

More in depth, there is actually several numbers on each card, more options
for straights etc, and you can use the c stick to select with number. I've
yet to see them but i haven't really looked.

Seems okay. Some may complain about the randomness, but isn't there a fair
bit of randomization during more atypical d20 rpg encounters?
The one thing i really hate is you can accidentally heal opponents instead
of your own party by not paying attention. Should warn you about that.

Really beautiful, however if you don't have an excellent 27" or better tv,
you probably will be squinting a lot.

So far, typical rpg missions.
jo
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 12:51:26 AM

"Jody" <info@abaxcom.com> wrote in message
> "Sai " <th3@pacbell.net> wrote in message
>> If so, how exactly does the whole card battle system work?
>
> Started playing it 2 nights okay.
> Basically, you are allowed 20+ cards in your 'current hand' and they get
> shuffled each new battle and when you run out.(taking an attack turn).
> Using a card brings face up the next card in your current hand.
> You can choose from your current hand of 4(or better?) cards:
> attack cards, attack and defend cards(do both), and defend, as well as
> others like healing cards.

Sounds interesting...maybe I will check it out when I finish Tales of
Symphonia.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 22, 2004 12:51:27 AM

>> Started playing it 2 nights okay.
>> Basically, you are allowed 20+ cards in your 'current hand' and they get
>> shuffled each new battle and when you run out.(taking an attack turn).
>> Using a card brings face up the next card in your current hand.
>> You can choose from your current hand of 4(or better?) cards:
>> attack cards, attack and defend cards(do both), and defend, as well as
>> others like healing cards.
>
> Sounds interesting...maybe I will check it out when I finish Tales of
> Symphonia.
I'm doing the reverse. Finish this, then hope to catch tales when it drops
in price :)

jo
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 1:55:16 AM

>>> Started playing it 2 nights okay.
>>> Basically, you are allowed 20+ cards in your 'current hand' and they get
>>> shuffled each new battle and when you run out.(taking an attack turn).
>>> Using a card brings face up the next card in your current hand.
>>> You can choose from your current hand of 4(or better?) cards:
>>> attack cards, attack and defend cards(do both), and defend, as well as
>>> others like healing cards.
>>
>> Sounds interesting...maybe I will check it out when I finish Tales of
>> Symphonia.
> I'm doing the reverse. Finish this, then hope to catch tales when it drops
> in price :)

Target had a 1 day sale of Tales for $17.88 - if you can believe it...I
grabbed a rain check and they honored it.
Anonymous
December 22, 2004 11:50:16 PM

one card beats the other

!