Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Noob PSU DOA Question

Last response: in Components
November 5, 2011 5:32:03 AM

Hey tomshardware forum,
Ordered an antec PSU 500. Green. Took me forever to getting around to plugging it in b/c didn't come with a cable and I don't have the rest of my rig parts. Anyways, I took a cable from my monitor (no cable was provided iditoically so "you could reuse your old cable) well I didn't bloody have an old cable and resent the presumption that I would). Anyways, the thing (which has a built-in fan doesn't switch on.

All the cables are in those twist-tie things. Do I have to do something to get the PSU to turn on or is it DOA? Thanks.

More about : noob psu doa question

Best solution

a c 243 ) Power supply
November 5, 2011 10:54:26 AM

johntkucz said:
Hey tomshardware forum,
Ordered an antec PSU 500. Green. Took me forever to getting around to plugging it in b/c didn't come with a cable and I don't have the rest of my rig parts. Anyways, I took a cable from my monitor (no cable was provided iditoically so "you could reuse your old cable) well I didn't bloody have an old cable and resent the presumption that I would). Anyways, the thing (which has a built-in fan doesn't switch on.

All the cables are in those twist-tie things. Do I have to do something to get the PSU to turn on or is it DOA? Thanks.

Yes
http://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php?/topic/394-guide...
December 24, 2011 1:14:19 AM

Best answer selected by johntkucz.
Score
!