Closed Solved

Noob PSU DOA Question

Hey tomshardware forum,
Ordered an antec PSU 500. Green. Took me forever to getting around to plugging it in b/c didn't come with a cable and I don't have the rest of my rig parts. Anyways, I took a cable from my monitor (no cable was provided iditoically so "you could reuse your old cable) well I didn't bloody have an old cable and resent the presumption that I would). Anyways, the thing (which has a built-in fan doesn't switch on.

All the cables are in those twist-tie things. Do I have to do something to get the PSU to turn on or is it DOA? Thanks.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about noob question
  1. Best answer
    johntkucz said:
    Hey tomshardware forum,
    Ordered an antec PSU 500. Green. Took me forever to getting around to plugging it in b/c didn't come with a cable and I don't have the rest of my rig parts. Anyways, I took a cable from my monitor (no cable was provided iditoically so "you could reuse your old cable) well I didn't bloody have an old cable and resent the presumption that I would). Anyways, the thing (which has a built-in fan doesn't switch on.

All the cables are in those twist-tie things. Do I have to do something to get the PSU to turn on or is it DOA? Thanks.

Yes
    http://forum.overclock3d.net/index.php?/topic/394-guide-jump-starting-a-psu/
  2. delluser1 said:

Most excellent, delluser1!!!!!!!!! Thanks! I like your succinct response (of bolding the question) and answering with link haha!! useuful.. I just skimmed that tutorial and will get on it. Psyched!! Thanks!!
  3. Best answer selected by johntkucz.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Antec Cable Components