Will the two work?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Cases
  • Product
Last response: in Motherboards
August 4, 2012 6:12:26 PM

Hello, I currently have an AMD A8-3850 processor
I need to get a new motherboard and a new case.

Will this mobo: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E1681...
And this case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Work together fine? I'm kinda new at builds and I'm not sure how to tell.

Thanks.

More about : work

a c 138 V Motherboard
August 4, 2012 6:17:05 PM

Yep. The board is mATX and the case can use both mATX and full size ATX boards, so you're good to go. :) 
m
l
a c 330 V Motherboard
August 4, 2012 6:17:26 PM

Yes it will work just fine, both are compatible with each other.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 138 V Motherboard
August 4, 2012 7:46:17 PM

PresidentSwag said:
Will everything there be compatible with the new mobo?
Like the ram, hdd, fans?

Yep. :)  DDR3 Ram: Check. SATA HDD: Check. And I'm not sure why the fans would matter since it's a completely new case (unless you're talking about the CPU fan), but regardless, you're good to go there, as well, for all fans.
a c 138 V Motherboard
August 4, 2012 7:51:36 PM

Also, the main thing you need to be aware of is that your copy of Windows will no longer be valid, and you'll need to buy a new copy. OEM copies of Windows from companies like HP are tied to the original motherboard that they were originally installed on and can never be used with another board (legally) because it will fail validation and CAN'T be reactivated.
m
l
August 4, 2012 7:56:34 PM

Alright, well isn't windows 7 activated on my HDD?
And what about getting another hp motherboard? Will it be easier? And will I get windows 7?

I really appreciate the help.
m
l
a c 138 V Motherboard
August 4, 2012 8:01:07 PM

PresidentSwag said:
Alright, well isn't windows 7 activated on my HDD?
And what about getting another hp motherboard? Will it be easier? And will I get windows 7?

I really appreciate the help.

It's activated currently, yes, but as soon as you switch over to the new board, it will try to validate it and fail, with no legal way to reactivate it.

It doesn't matter what motherboard it is because of the serial number of the board. If it's a different board (even the exact same type), it'll fail validation (although if it was a warranty replacement kind of thing, I'm sure HP and Microsoft would let you do that).

But no, you wouldn't get another copy of Windows just by getting another HP board.
m
l
August 4, 2012 8:02:02 PM

Alright so there is really no advantage to getting another hp board? Even if windows 7 will not activate, am I better off getting the exact same board or is it a better idea to get a higher quality board and change the case as well?

Thanks again.
m
l
a c 138 V Motherboard
August 4, 2012 8:06:02 PM

PresidentSwag said:
Alright so there is really no advantage to getting another hp board? Even if windows 7 will not activate, am I better off getting the exact same board or is it a better idea to get a higher quality board and change the case as well?

Thanks again.

If you're going to go through all of that, I DEFINITELY recommend getting a non-HP board (like the one that you originally linked). If you have to change boards, there's no reason at all to stay with a HP board.
m
l
August 5, 2012 3:28:28 PM

Okay thanks for the help :D 
m
l
a c 330 V Motherboard
August 5, 2012 3:32:22 PM

All that above by DJd + Win8 is about to be out,

so if u will spend $$$ on the new windows, it might be as well the W8 : )

Just a thought...
m
l
August 5, 2012 3:35:14 PM

Yea but i've already looked into windows 8. Looks horrible. Its like a giant tablet.
m
l
a c 330 V Motherboard
August 5, 2012 3:44:23 PM

PresidentSwag said:
Yea but i've already looked into windows 8. Looks horrible. Its like a giant tablet.

I don't blame you, lol : Use stardock or wait for custom Windows 7 Theme : )

It will be just a work around and for that price, maybe worth while.
m
l
August 5, 2012 3:54:19 PM

Yea lets hope so.
m
l
a c 330 V Motherboard
August 5, 2012 3:55:49 PM

:D  I feel your dissatisfaction : )
m
l
August 11, 2012 1:44:12 PM

The only thing is the cpu fan didn't fit the motherboard.
m
l
August 11, 2012 1:44:43 PM

Best answer selected by PresidentSwag.
m
l