XFX HD Radeon 5770

bdiddy11

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Just bought a XFX HD Radeon 5770. The power connector coming from the card to plug into power supply has two four pin connectors. Do I plug both of them in or just one?

?

No no it's should just have a 6-pin connector. If you have a PCI-E to molex adapter then yes you would have two 4-pin molex wires sticking out the back of the card. Ideally you should take that out and use a 6-pin PCI-E connector though, but if your PSU only has molex adapters make sure it has enough AMPs on the 12V rail.

bdiddy11

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Turns out i'm an idiot. That's just the adapter cable they give you if you don't have a 6 pin from your PSU which I do... got that straightened out.

Would my GPU be bottlenecking due to a lower CPU now? When running LoTRO i'm lagging more than I did with my old Gefore 7600 that ran hot as a mofo...It's an AMD Athlon 3500. I plan on getting the II X3 450 as it's $70 w/the promo code.

Also, i've been running SpeedFan and it recognized the 7600 card just fine, however it's not recognizing the 5770...Pretty sure i've got the latest drivers installed. It shows up fine in Device Manager.

One other thing, the text on any screen seems a bit blurry as well... not crystal clear like I figured it'd be with this kind of upgrade.

cburke82

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2011

Even if it was bottle necked it shouldent lower your performance do you have the latest drivers?