P.N.03 - Hard or What?

I vote Hard.

It took me a few tries to get going, but once I started, I have had a hard
time stopping. Until now. This final boss is kicing my ass - hard. I have
gotten it to under 10% remaining, but can not get over the hump. I might
just spend some points on a few continues. 32 doesn't seen to be enough (I
don't care about what ranking I get this first time through). I wish they
had prepared the player for the lack of hiding places my making fewer and
fewer as the game progressed, and make the final level 'hiding place free'
(execpt those two or three rooms with the "super lasers").

To bad this game didn't sell. I would get a "P.N.04" in a heart beat.

"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
> I vote Hard.
>
> It took me a few tries to get going, but once I started, I have had a hard
> time stopping. Until now. This final boss is kicing my ass - hard. I have
> gotten it to under 10% remaining, but can not get over the hump. I might
> just spend some points on a few continues. 32 doesn't seen to be enough (I
> don't care about what ranking I get this first time through). I wish they
> had prepared the player for the lack of hiding places my making fewer and
> fewer as the game progressed, and make the final level 'hiding place free'
> (execpt those two or three rooms with the "super lasers").
>

> To bad this game didn't sell. I would get a "P.N.04" in a heart beat.

I really enjoyed playing it as well - I got it when it first came out.
Unfortunately I didn't complete it. I'm stuck on the very final boss. I gave
up after a number of attempts - I must admit I probably did give up to
easily, but the final boss isn't very forgiving compared to everything else
I went through in the game. It's a battle I'll leave for another day. I
don't know when I'll pick it up again, but getting that final boss is on the
list of things to do.

Mike

In article <41cac53c$0$4534$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>, Mike P. wrote:

>"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>> I vote Hard.
>>
>> It took me a few tries to get going, but once I started, I have had a hard
>> time stopping. Until now. This final boss is kicing my ass - hard. I have
>> gotten it to under 10% remaining, but can not get over the hump. I might
>> just spend some points on a few continues. 32 doesn't seen to be enough (I
>> don't care about what ranking I get this first time through). I wish they
>> had prepared the player for the lack of hiding places my making fewer and
>> fewer as the game progressed, and make the final level 'hiding place free'
>> (execpt those two or three rooms with the "super lasers").
>>

>> To bad this game didn't sell. I would get a "P.N.04" in a heart beat.
>
>I really enjoyed playing it as well - I got it when it first came out.
>Unfortunately I didn't complete it. I'm stuck on the very final boss. I gave
>up after a number of attempts - I must admit I probably did give up to
>easily, but the final boss isn't very forgiving compared to everything else
>I went through in the game. It's a battle I'll leave for another day. I
>don't know when I'll pick it up again, but getting that final boss is on the
>list of things to do.

I need to get back to playing this eventually. I had the same problem with
the final Metroid Prime in the game of the same name though. Beat
everything except that. I must have tried 40 times over two days and no
joy. I read what you all have to go through to beat it and I was only
about 1/2 way through, too...maybe 2/3. I'll beat it before I try MP:E
though, which I have, but haven't started yet. Still on PoP:WW.

--
Vorxion - Founder of the knocking-shop of the mind.

"You have it, you sell it, you've still got it--what's the difference?"
--Diana Trent, "Waiting for God", on why a modelling agency is really a
knocking-shop. Applied by me to the field of consulting. :)

The Sci-Fi fan's solution to debt: Reverse the polarity on your charge card.

Vorxion wrote:

> In article <41cac53c$0$4534$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>, Mike P. wrote:
>>
>>"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
>>> I vote Hard.
>>>
>>> It took me a few tries to get going, but once I started, I have had a
>>> hard time stopping. Until now. This final boss is kicing my ass - hard.
>>> I have gotten it to under 10% remaining, but can not get over the hump.
>>> I might just spend some points on a few continues. 32 doesn't seen to be
>>> enough (I don't care about what ranking I get this first time through).
>>> I wish they had prepared the player for the lack of hiding places my
>>> making fewer and fewer as the game progressed, and make the final level
>>> 'hiding place free' (execpt those two or three rooms with the "super
>>> lasers").
>>>

>>> To bad this game didn't sell. I would get a "P.N.04" in a heart beat.
>>
>>I really enjoyed playing it as well - I got it when it first came out.
>>Unfortunately I didn't complete it. I'm stuck on the very final boss. I
>>gave up after a number of attempts - I must admit I probably did give up
>>to easily, but the final boss isn't very forgiving compared to everything
>>else I went through in the game. It's a battle I'll leave for another day.
>>I don't know when I'll pick it up again, but getting that final boss is on
>>the list of things to do.
>
> I need to get back to playing this eventually. I had the same problem
> with
> the final Metroid Prime in the game of the same name though. Beat
> everything except that. I must have tried 40 times over two days and no
> joy. I read what you all have to go through to beat it and I was only
> about 1/2 way through, too...maybe 2/3. I'll beat it before I try MP:E
> though, which I have, but haven't started yet. Still on PoP:WW.

Yea I can relate - Metroid Prime, P.N.03, Sonic Advance 3 - all games I've
recently given up on when they throw in multiple rock-hard final bosses
without saves in between :( All great games up until that point tho.

--
From Mr. Bogus (aka Paul) - hiding place reality.

> Vorxion wrote:
>
>> In article <41cac53c$0$4534$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>, Mike P.
>> wrote:
>>>
>>>"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

>>>I really enjoyed playing it as well - I got it when it first came
>>>out. Unfortunately I didn't complete it. I'm stuck on the very final
>>>boss. I gave up after a number of attempts - I must admit I probably
>>>did give up to easily, but the final boss isn't very forgiving
>>>compared to everything else I went through in the game. It's a battle
>>>I'll leave for another day. I don't know when I'll pick it up again,
>>>but getting that final boss is on the list of things to do.
>>
>> I need to get back to playing this eventually. I had the same
>> problem with
>> the final Metroid Prime in the game of the same name though. Beat
>> everything except that. I must have tried 40 times over two days and
>> no joy. I read what you all have to go through to beat it and I was
>> only about 1/2 way through, too...maybe 2/3. I'll beat it before I
>> try MP:E though, which I have, but haven't started yet. Still on
>> PoP:WW.
>>

> Yea I can relate - Metroid Prime, P.N.03, Sonic Advance 3 - all games
> I've recently given up on when they throw in multiple rock-hard final
> bosses without saves in between :( All great games up until that point
> tho.

I was able to beat P.N.03 last night. So it took 33 hours, 99 saves, 40
continues, and a Rookie rating. A win is a win! I was not happy (nor
surprised) to find all my suits were drained back to default power, so
if I do play again, I will have to power up again. I go my Japanese copy
of Mario Sunshine for Christmas, so I am going to see if it is diffrent
(harder) than the US version. (after four shines so far, I am leaning to
NO).

Key to defeating last boss is tengu pro. fun to beat him witout it though

> Key to defeating last boss is tengu pro. fun to beat him witout it
> though

I found the trick to be "Survive long enough to get it's health low enough
so any Energy Weapon does something"! For me, that required staying alive
through two of those "multi red laser" blasts.

I would still snap up a P.N. 04 in a heart beat!

> > I need to get back to playing this eventually. I had the same problem
> > with
> > the final Metroid Prime in the game of the same name though. Beat
> > everything except that. I must have tried 40 times over two days and no
> > joy. I read what you all have to go through to beat it and I was only
> > about 1/2 way through, too...maybe 2/3. I'll beat it before I try MP:E
> > though, which I have, but haven't started yet. Still on PoP:WW.
> >

> Yea I can relate - Metroid Prime, P.N.03, Sonic Advance 3 - all games I've
> recently given up on when they throw in multiple rock-hard final bosses
> without saves in between :( All great games up until that point tho.

If you gave up beating the boss on P.N.03 back then you may never beat it. :)
I recently took a little stroll through the game and I'm nowhere as good
as I used to be. You kind of forget how to play. At least I did. The
last thing I did on P.N.03 was beat the game using the papillion (or
whatever the last suit is called - the most revealing of her suits) which
basically means I went through each level without getting hit once. I'm
nowhere near that level anymore.

TRENDING THREADS