Compact Digital Camera's with anti-shake

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
March 21, 2005 10:15:05 AM

I was wondering if there are any compact digital camera's around that
have anti-shake. Compact as in Canon point and shoot PowerShot
(http://www.powershot.com) or Casio Exilim
(http://www.exilim.casio.com/) size.

Perhaps it's just not physically possible to put current anti-shake
technology into such small cameras?

Please let me know of any compact camera's that have anti-shake!

Cheers,

Tony.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 12:32:50 PM

Tony wrote:
> I was wondering if there are any compact digital camera's around that
> have anti-shake. Compact as in Canon point and shoot PowerShot
> (http://www.powershot.com) or Casio Exilim
> (http://www.exilim.casio.com/) size.
>
> Perhaps it's just not physically possible to put current anti-shake
> technology into such small cameras?
>
> Please let me know of any compact camera's that have anti-shake!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tony.

I bought a very compact panasonic for my brother that has antishake.
Can't remeber the model no. For similar money though I bought a refurb
Dimage A2 with Anti-shake that does an excellent job.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 1:38:07 PM

In article <2af81223.0503210715.5b71d836@posting.google.com>, Tony
<baker_tony@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Please let me know of any compact camera's that have anti-shake!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tony.
These are the smallest cameras I have heard about that have anti-shake:
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/panasonic/dmc_lz1_lz2...
DPReview has a buying guide where you can select compact, or ultra
compact, and Image stabilization at
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp
Looks like there are a few more small Panasonics with that feature.
hth,
NB
March 21, 2005 7:01:39 PM

They do....Its called a Tripod.

--
_________________-
BOCH
"Tony" <baker_tony@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I was wondering if there are any compact digital camera's around that
> have anti-shake. Compact as in Canon point and shoot PowerShot
> (http://www.powershot.com) or Casio Exilim
> (http://www.exilim.casio.com/) size.
>
> Perhaps it's just not physically possible to put current anti-shake
> technology into such small cameras?
>
> Please let me know of any compact camera's that have anti-shake!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tony.
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 7:31:30 PM

The Powershot S1

Tony wrote:

> I was wondering if there are any compact digital camera's around that
> have anti-shake. Compact as in Canon point and shoot PowerShot
> (http://www.powershot.com) or Casio Exilim
> (http://www.exilim.casio.com/) size.
>
> Perhaps it's just not physically possible to put current anti-shake
> technology into such small cameras?
>
> Please let me know of any compact camera's that have anti-shake!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tony.
March 22, 2005 5:46:45 AM

Cool, thanks heaps for your replies. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ1/LZ2
comes close to what I want, but still a little to large. I think I'll
get another new ultra compact (still hooked on those canon powershots)
and wait another year or so for anti-shake to make it's way down into
even smaller cameras.
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 7:29:22 PM

Did you not see the ultra-compacts with anti-shake? Like the 5MP
Panasonic FX7?
When you go to compare cams at
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/compare.asp in the Format pulldown
select Ultra Compact then also select Image Stabilization=Yes ... that
shows all the other really small cams with anti-shake

!