Sound not working at all.

DrDoctor

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
I just finished building, and I turned on my computer. Boots up fine. I decide to pull out some headphones and test the sound. I plug them in to the front panel. No luck. I go around back and try the I/O panel. The RealTek HD recognizes that there is something plugged in, but still no sound. My monitor, an ASUS VS228, has a headphone jack in the back. And my video card, an ASUS Radeon HD 7850 (or something like that), has drivers for letting sound come through. However, the sound that produces is a tinny sound and is painful to the ears.

My motherboard is a ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen3.

Also, as a little side note, none of my front panel (besides the power button) works. No USB ports, sound ports, or the reset button. Is this due to cables not being inserted into the proper port?

DrDoctor

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012

1) yes
2) I did. I'll be sure to check again.
3) That was the first thing I did.

G

have you gone into control panel/sound and gotten similar to this?
73027678.jpg

(not sure what chip you have)
the dialogue box on the right, which pops up after clicking the properties button, shows "General" tab. check the "Levels" tab to see if it is 100% and not muted.

DrDoctor

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012

Checked level tabs, and on the Speakers, the Line In was set to 0. Now the rear panel works, but the front panel still doesn't, neither do the front USB ports and the Restart button.

SzrRm.png

8fi4R.png

LYNG3.png

e9vMh.png

nejg1.png

Btw, my case is a Cooler Master HAF 912, if it helps.

G

check the BIOS and see if there aren't options for the onboard connection to the front jacks.

other than that; i am clueless myself.