Tags:
  • New Build
  • CD-Rom
  • DVD Drives
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
August 8, 2011 12:47:19 AM

Hey, I just finished building my new computer, and now I'm trying to get Win7 Home installed. Problem is though, an installation message keeps telling me, "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing." It then tells me to insert the drivers CD, floppy, or USB. I tried with my CD. And out of all the times I've tried to do that, I couldn't, here's why.

The first couple times I tried opening the CD/DVD drive, but it wouldn't let me during the installation. The next time, the drive opened for me, but even though I did put in my CD/DVD driver CD, nothing would happen. It'd still say, "No driver devices were found."

I set the BIOS to boot from CD/DVD drive first. And I double-checked to make sure my CD drive had everything plugged in. I'm not sure what's causing this. This is my first time building a computer, so I don't know much. Any ideas? Thanks.

CD/DVD Drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM

More about : install win7 oem

August 8, 2011 2:13:21 AM

Problem solved, turned out I didn't fully push in the HDD power cable. Doh...
m
l
!