Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Need help doing BIOS Initial Setup/Updates for Biostar TZ68k+ MoBo

Last response: in Motherboards
August 4, 2012 11:43:52 PM

Hello everyone, I just wanted to ask a few questions. I am building a "budget gaming pc" and I have ordered everything I need, including Windows 7 Home Premium. My questions start with, can you all take a look at what my setup will be and tell me how you think it will run? #2 is I need help as far as what to set all the Initial BIOS Setup info to for my hardware. And also if I need to update the BIOS? I have never had to set up the BIOS before :-/ I should be getting all of the hardware in the mail this coming week, pretty much everything purchased from Newegg. My rig is as follows:

Case:
RAIDMAX Altas ATX-295WBP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 500W Power Supply

CPU:
Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 ...

Motherboard:
BIOSTAR TZ68K+ LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Graphics Card:
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card (11201-00-20G)

RAM:
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I have a few SATA hard drives sitting around that I will use in this rig, I can't remember what brand or anything just that one is a 500gb and one is a 650gb. I mostly need help with what to set all the BIOS settings to and what the process is after I put everything together. Once I get all the hardware put together in the case I'm sort of unclear of what all I need to do, or if I can just plop the Windows 7 disk in and install and go? I need an exact answer as to what to set all the BIOS settings to if possible and I would greatly appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best solution

a c 435 V Motherboard
August 4, 2012 11:53:57 PM

You can calibrate the smartfan settings after you enable it; I set mine to "quiet" after the calibration is done. You may also set the boot order to cd (dvd) then hardrive. You may find the "achi" setting in the northbridge or southbridge section; don't remember which. Change from "native ide" to "achi" before you begin the windows installation process. Finally, I disable the full screen biostar logo so the system specs are displayed. Good luck.
August 4, 2012 11:58:48 PM

o1die said:
You can calibrate the smartfan settings after you enable it; I set mine to "quiet" after the calibration is done. You may also set the boot order to cd (dvd) then hardrive. You may find the "achi" setting in the northbridge or southbridge section; don't remember which. Change from "native ide" to "achi" before you begin the windows installation process. Finally, I disable the full screen biostar logo so the system specs are displayed. Good luck.

Hello! Thanks for the quick answer! You will probably hate me but I am a complete noob with this lol. Im not sure what all of that is, I have been looking through the manual for my motherboard online and trying to see the process but alot of the settings are different for different hardware so i was looking for exactly what settings to use for my hardware. I think I will definitely disable the Biostar logo haha
Score
Related resources
August 6, 2012 12:37:53 AM

Ok so I've done a lot of research today and I now realize you answered my question :-) I thought you had to go in and input all the settings for the CPU and each and every hardware device. My next question if I may? ->

I read that this motherboard auto sets your memory to about 1800mhz or something like that but the memory I got I believe is 2133mhz? How do I set that so I get the full speed out of my memory?

Also I read that you have to adjust the "memory timing"? I'm not real sure what that is or what to set it to for my hardware. Any and all help is graeatly appreciated! And thanks again For the reply o1die!
Score
August 6, 2012 12:50:05 AM

Alrighty I've now done more research and understand the timings and how memory works! Here is a great article that explains in great detail how memory works and why:

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/26/

So Going backto my question, can someone tell me what to set the timing to for my hardware configuration? Thanks!
Score
August 12, 2012 11:56:11 PM

Best answer selected by sn0wman117.
Score
a c 328 V Motherboard
August 13, 2012 6:43:54 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!