Computer Keeps Crashing... PSU issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastlaugh213

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011
Hey All. I haave a custom built computer. Specs are GTX 580 1.5 GB, i5 2500k, 8GB of Ram, 750 Watt Corsair PSU, Windows 7 (Pirated Copy).
Since about a week ago, the computer has been working perfectly, until it crashed to a black screen while playing BF3. I thought it was just a BF3 issue, but now the computer crashes in every game I play, from ARMA II to StarCraft 2. I can't even run a benchmark test without the computer crashing, sometimes crashing to desktop or crashing to a black screen and having to restart. I have troubleshooted the GPU and I am certain to say that it is not a GPU issue because the computer still crashes when I OverClock it, and the temperature of the GPU never gets more higher than 80C (I also have latest drivers). I am starting the think it is a PSU issue (even though Corsair is a very reputable company), a CPU issue, or maybe even a software issue? Could it be that a pirated version of windows 7 is causing this problem?

ALSO: when the computer crashes, I hear this buzzing sound coming from the case, and I don't know what it is. Could this mean its a hardware issue?

If anyone could please provide me with some insight, that would be great. I have ran out of ideas. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS