Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Can't enable second graphics card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 4, 2011 4:55:55 AM

Hello,
I just recently bought the SYX VG-2 AMD XFire 5750 Value Gamer from TigerDirect - Comes with: AMD Phenom X4 2.8GHz, Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64, 8GB DDR3 Memory, 500GB HDD,Dual Radeon 5750's in Crossfire Configuration. You can see my purchase at http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
I just recieved it today but the second card is disabled and I can't enable it or the crossfire. Can someone please help me with this?

Mike

More about : enable graphics card

Best solution

a c 216 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
June 4, 2011 5:17:36 AM

Did you get the information about the 2nd card being disabled through GPU-Z? If so, I think you are having a false alarm. In GPU-Z, it only shows crossfire being enabled on the master card, not the slave card. So if the fist card shows it enabled, then it is. Also check CCC on the crossfire X tab.
a c 216 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
June 4, 2011 5:31:43 AM

If what I wrote above wasn't the case, can you download GPU-Z and see if the 2nd card shows up there? You can change the card viewed by the drop down menu at the bottom left corner of the program.
Score
Related resources
June 11, 2011 12:32:04 AM

Best answer selected by BlackHoleMessiah.
Score
June 11, 2011 12:34:06 AM

Thanks, actually the problem fixed itself. It was actually the first time I booted the computer out of the box and it wasn't working. However, the very next time I booted the computer it worked fine. (I also had downloaded drivewr information, maybe that was it?) Thanks anyways, that's why I always come here for help.

Mike
Score
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b À AMD
June 11, 2011 12:39:32 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!