PC Will Not Start Up, and fans do not run

Hello, I am having some trouble here. I was planning on upgrading my current system by transplanting all the internals of the old PC to a bigger case so I could fit a bigger PSU in it. Everything went all good, until I attempted to boot everything up. I attempted to start everything up with the new PSU, but nothing happened. Even the psu's fans did not run.

I disconnected everything and used a paper clip to see if it was a PSU problem, and sure enough, it wasn't. I even connected the Hard Drive and the CD drive to the PSU, and they seemed to run fine too with the paperclip method. I then put the cables back to the mobo, and nothing happened. the PSU's fans wouldn't even run.

Yes, I put the cable in correctly, with the 20pin connector plus the 4 pin connector. Could I have a dead mobo on my hands?
2 answers Last reply
More about start fans
  1. Please help guys. This is really urgent, as this is my friend's system, and this is his only PC and I'm really trying to help him out.
  2. give this a read, you could have not connected the 4/8 pin for the cpu . .a stand off is missing and shorting the motherboard . .look at the step by step:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards