How to set up Gamecube?

I bought a Gamecube used, and it didn't come with any instructions. I
don't suppose anyone can tell me what to plug in where? Give me any
warnings that there might be? I tried searching for information on how
to set it up, but I didn't turn up anything.
5 answers Last reply
More about gamecube
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Thank you very much! I managed to figure out how to hook it up on my
    own, though it still doesn't work on the television I wanted to use
    because the tv doesn't have a "TV/VIDEO" button (I called the place
    where I got it for help).

    Apparently I need an RF adapter or something.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    On 25 Dec 2004 12:45:56 -0800, burninblazes@hotmail.com wrote:

    >I bought a Gamecube used, and it didn't come with any instructions. I
    >don't suppose anyone can tell me what to plug in where? Give me any
    >warnings that there might be? I tried searching for information on how
    >to set it up, but I didn't turn up anything.

    Plug shape prevents incorrect hookup so you just plug one end of the
    power supply to the bacvk where it fits and other end into AC outlet.
    AV cable are also plugged into the back and other end are as follow:
    yellow into video, white into mono or left stereo, and red into right
    stereo. Controller asre plugged on the front with player #1 on left,
    player #2 next left and so on. Memory card are insderted in the front
    below controller port, left being the main slot.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    wrote in alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube:

    > Thank you very much! I managed to figure out how to hook it up on my
    > own, though it still doesn't work on the television I wanted to use
    > because the tv doesn't have a "TV/VIDEO" button (I called the place
    > where I got it for help).
    >
    > Apparently I need an RF adapter or something.

    Nintendo makes an RF adapter specifically for the GameCube. It can be found
    at any store that sells GameCubes, but be aware that Nintendo says that
    it's currently in limited supply.

    HTH. HAND. :)

    --
    Glenn Shaw
    Indianapolis, IN USA

    "Glenn Shaw" <togusa@nospamcomnet.cast> wrote in message
    > wrote in alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube:
    >
    >> Thank you very much! I managed to figure out how to hook it up on my
    >> own, though it still doesn't work on the television I wanted to use
    >> because the tv doesn't have a "TV/VIDEO" button (I called the place
    >> where I got it for help).
    >>
    >> Apparently I need an RF adapter or something.
    >
    > Nintendo makes an RF adapter specifically for the GameCube. It can be
    > found
    > at any store that sells GameCubes, but be aware that Nintendo says that
    > it's currently in limited supply.

    Very limited supply. We havn't had one in the last three months, and it's
    XX.95 in the system, last time I checked (.95 means that it's either not
    going to be carried anymore, or we don't expect to have any in a long time)
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    burninblazes@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I bought a Gamecube used, and it didn't come with any instructions. I
    > don't suppose anyone can tell me what to plug in where? Give me any
    > warnings that there might be? I tried searching for information on how
    > to set it up, but I didn't turn up anything.

    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/downloads/gcn101_manual_english.pdf

Console Gaming Games Video Gamecube Nintendo Video Games